Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

Hey my friend, every boddy here lost his blackberry bold, and what RIM do ?? nothing? What it means? That you have to change to Iphone or  samsung or HTC, Motorolla with Android, they give a best custumer service. Blackberry sucks.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

That's why i posted it it ealrier in this thread perhaps we need to make RIM more aware of this prob and use social media to make it more Booming orso
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I think more they have to prevent it from overheating or killing itself if left in overnight. I have an iPad, don't need a miniature one to call with. 

New Contributor

Agreed. It's only been out a month on ATT and when I called the rep she said it was first she had heard of it, and noted it for their tech database. 

My Device: Not Specified

The same happened to my 9860!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers

Procedure from Rogers Support:
1-Pull out your battery.
2-plug your phone without battery with wall charger
(For chage internal battery)
3- after 30s... 1minute, a battery icon with red cross appear on screen.
4- insert battery and wait reboot.

In my case, i repeat this procedure 3 times to obtain a wake up.

If it's'not working, ask for a phone exchange :s . It's'my 3 9900 in 2 months :smileysad:
Solutions: 6,115
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

danielpower wrote:

and when I called the rep she said it was first she had heard of it, and noted it for their tech database. 

It might the first that particular rep has heard of, but certainly not the first for AT&T.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I heard about this too, plug in without battery...will give it a shot; replacement on its way, though was it was to be delivered Friday and tracking says it never left Ft. Worth postal center. Just cant't win.....
New Contributor

It wasn't in her script, so when she said we....she could have meant AT&T or her call center....i've not seen a lot of AT&T posts, but does appear to be a model defect, AT&T being the last to introduce it in states.
My Carrier: Vodaphone

And another..

My 9900 is a month old, had no problems with it at all and constantly defended getting it whenever people took the mic for me getting another blackberry after the problems that happened before.

Last night I charged my phone overnight (as I do every night) and woke up to a black screen with a timer on it. It then wouldn't turn on. As a result of the phone dying my alarm didn't go off and I was an hour and a half late for work...

Is Blackberry doing anything about this?