Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Birgerklaus
My Device: BB 9780 OS 6.0.0.239
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany
Accepted Solution

Dead Bold / LED flashes 1 pause 3 (10111)

This morning I removed my Bold from the charger and wonder why the Bold was off.

After trying to switch on the Phone, the LED begins to flash "one pause three" times.

After a battery pull no changes of the behavior. Also without the battery, but connected via USB to a pc the Bold LED begins to flash.

JL Commander or loader /nojvm brings no change. The Berry was not recognized by the pc.

Greets Birger

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Dead Bold / LED flashes 1 pause 3 (10111)

If you plan on wiping and reloading the OS, JLCmder will be the way to go, and one of your only hopes to get it working.

Is there any error on the screen? 

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

Try it and keep trying it. I have seen it take 20 tries before JCCmder connected. Don't give up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Birgerklaus
My Device: BB 9780 OS 6.0.0.239
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Thank you,
but I follow the JL_cmder instructions before I post my question here, and yes I try it serveral times.
But Vista and / or JL_Cmder did not recognize the device.

Is there a information about the LED Code?

I get today from my provider a new replacement Bold, so I can mark this as "solved"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rimmer
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: 02

hi,,i am very curious about this particular flashing code (10111) as no one seems to know how to solve..Also why do bb's that show these symptoms never seem to be seen by the pc..???

Please use plain text.
RSilva
My Device: 8900

I think it is impossible to solve by software ...  I have 3 days trying whit all possible tools on the net and still the pc does not recognize the device ... I found in the web as a solution "try to replace flash!!! If anyone have some solution, please, post it to save my 8900.... thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mike_san
My Device: Pearl 8220
My Carrier: AT&T

I've the same problem with a 9930, no matter what i do, the pc never recognizes the phone, with/out the baterry, always leds are blinking in the hexadecimal sequences, 10111, i need this phone fix!

Please use plain text.
epuirubm
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

**removed**@gmail.com
BlackBerry service indonesia :
There is no way to replacing flash IC because when you use another IC to replace it you'll get diferent PIN and IMEI that make your blackberry suspended,I suggest to heat with blower on your flash IC some case can solve that problem and may be can't solved to..

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Office_BB_Guru
My Device: Z10 on Verizon; 9700 OS 5.0 on T-Mo and 9650 OS 6.0 on Verizon; PlayBook 2.0

Not that I like to provide unhelpful help or indicate that my story had an unhappy ending... when this happened with one of my user's devices, in the end it was a good thing the unit was still covered by a warranty as it had to be replaced.  There was no fix. 

Please use plain text.