Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Ramtastic
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager unconfigured my Bold message services

I'm leaving my old job, where I had a Blackberry 8301 (and still have it for a short while).

Got a new Bold today for personal/self-employed use and set up email accounts very easily - two Sky ones which had their own icon as well as a merged one.

I then installed the Desktop Manager on my PC and used this to move over data from my old work Blackberry 8301 - I only really wanted contacts, but I didn't seem to be able to opt out of the whole lot, so email messages, diary, etc all came over.

The contacts came over, as did email, diary, etc.  However, it created a single icon for all mail messages (and I'm dubious as to whether I'm receiving them all), but most critically, I can't send emails. When I try it comes up with "No message services configured.  You will only be able to Save Draft".  However, the configured email accounts still exist.

Have tried removing battery whilst on, etc, but any other suggestions to sort this?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Desktop Manager unconfigured my Bold message services

Hi and welcome to the forums!

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

If that doesn't work :
Go to options advanced options, Host Routing Tables, click to enter. DO NOT click on any listing.
Press menu key, and select register now.
You will get a verification message. Then go to email settings and resend service books.

You will get an email per account.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ramtastic
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager unconfigured my Bold message services

Thanks - neither of these solutions worked but another issue has come up with the trackball, so this one is going back to the retailer anyhow.

Please use plain text.