Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
totalbbnewbie
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Desktop Manager??

Hey im trying to use a theme which i downloaded and as im reading the intructions, its says. .

Install using your desktop manager.

1. Download the zip file to your PC:
2. Unzip the file to a folder (name the folder).
3. Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
4. Open up Desktop Manager –> Application Loader –> Add.
5. Find the file called “ThemeName.alx” and click “OK”.

6. re-boot the phone.

But when i connect my bb to my mac, no DESKTOP MANAGER ever comes up? The only thing that appears on my mac is BLACKBERRY 1 and BLACKBERRY 2. .

Is DESKTOP a disk i have to run? The only Disk that came with my boxed bb is the users tool guide one :-S so am i missing something?

Can anybody help me to get this Desktop Manager thing pls along with a little help how i go about setting it up. .

Reallly appreciate everyone that helps me out. .  Thank u x 

I have never owned a blackberry device, so i am a complete newbie to using my Bold, so please bare with me when asking for advice as i may ask for help with the littlest things ('',)

Thanks in advance xx
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Desktop Manager??

Ok, here we go

Blackberry Desktop Manager is not compatible with Mac

Which Theme you want download, maybe there are a link to download directly to the device.

The program to synch with Mac is called PocketMac and here is the link to download the program.

http://www.pocketmac.net/product.php?id=1

Thanks 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
totalbbnewbie

Hey hey, yer i did a bit of research an found out it wasnt compatible n downloaded the pocketmac which works fine now (Thank yoou xx), but it doesnt have a applications launcher on it! And i thought u needed a that to run the theme i downloaded?

http://www.themes4bb.com/free-blackberry-themes.php <-- i was trying to download the butterflies theme from there.. I did it on my phone and it saved it, but i jus dont know where it saved it too? I clicked options->themes but its not there? I tried clicking, explore to locate it, no such luck, so i dont know where it is an what to do?

Also i downloaded TWITTERBERRY to my phone and it wont update my tweets, it just says 'sending tweet' for ages, i go to configure put my password n username in. . 

Connection mode - auto detect

update - manual

Then i press test connection and again nothing happens, it just keeps sayin 'Testing Connection' for ages and doesnt update or anything :-S

So I changed auto detect to, bes - bibs- tcp and neither works

Then i changed update manual to 1min, still doesnt work. .

So i found this:

NOTE: Before you download the TwitterBerry Application for your BlackBerry, you will have to ensure that you are meeting the minimum system requirements and have a supported device. You will need:

* BlackBerry OS 4.0.2+
    * BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service (BIS-B or BIBS)

Now that i have Pocketmac can i use that to see what system requirements i have? As i dont know what i have or how to update my phone software or nothing, im soooo rubbish and im probably asking really obvious questions but this is my first berry and im just really stuck :'(

I really appreciate yr help Urumilton x 

I have never owned a blackberry device, so i am a complete newbie to using my Bold, so please bare with me when asking for advice as i may ask for help with the littlest things ('',)

Thanks in advance xx
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

totalbbnewbie wrote:

Hey hey, yer i did a bit of research an found out it wasnt compatible n downloaded the pocketmac which works fine now (Thank yoou xx), but it doesnt have a applications launcher on it! And i thought u needed a that to run the theme i downloaded?

Pocketmac doesn't have an application loader. The only way to upgrade or install applications through

the PC is to have Windows based PC.

http://www.themes4bb.com/free-blackberry-themes.php <-- i was trying to download the butterflies theme from there.. I did it on my phone and it saved it, but i jus dont know where it saved it too? I clicked options->themes but its not there? I tried clicking, explore to locate it, no such luck, so i dont know where it is an what to do?

The download link leads to a theme for the 8100 phone. This will not work with the BOLD. You have

to navigate to the BOLD themes to download a correct one.

Also i downloaded TWITTERBERRY to my phone and it wont update my tweets, it just says 'sending tweet' for ages, i go to configure put my password n username in. . 

Connection mode - auto detect

update - manual

Then i press test connection and again nothing happens, it just keeps sayin 'Testing Connection' for ages and doesn't update or anything :-S

So I changed auto detect to, bes - bibs- tcp and neither works

Then i changed update manual to 1 min, still doesn't work. .

Go to the manage connections icon, click on it, menu key, select mobile network options.

Press menu key, select diagnostics test. Run the test. The phone will reregister on the

network and test your connections. After you get the HRT activation message, and you are

going to hate this, do a battery pull as listed below. Then check to see if your Twitterberry

app works.

So i found this:

NOTE: Before you download the TwitterBerry Application for your BlackBerry, you will have to ensure that you are meeting the minimum system requirements and have a supported device. You will need:

* BlackBerry OS 4.0.2+
    * BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service (BIS-B or BIBS)

Now that i have Pocketmac can i use that to see what system requirements i have?

You don't need anything but the Blackberry. Go to options, about version will look like 4.x.x.xxx.

Being a Bold you should not have a version restriction problem. Send the version number.

As i don't know what i have or how to update my phone software or nothing, im soooo rubbish and im probably asking really obvious questions but this is my first berry and im just really stuck :'(

No problem! DID you download the manual for the Pocketmac software?

I really appreciate yr help Urumilton x 

Thanks,

Bifocals

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.
Message Edited by Bifocals on 02-06-2009 09:35 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 02-06-2009 09:42 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
totalbbnewbie

1. Ahh ok.. Looks like Pocketmac will have to do till Blackberry sort it outt lol

2. Doh!! (hides face) goes to look at the CORRECT THEMES hehe, sorry! And thank u for looking for me too xx

3. I ran diagnostics but its taken nearly a hour now and is still not complete :-| the ICMP Ping Echo jus has three flashing dots and it hasnt moved past that. So when i stop it, it says 

DIAGNOSTIC COMPLETED: INCOMPLETE 

So i dont ever get a HRT activation message! ????

So my twitterberry is still not working. . Any other suggestions i could have a go at to get TB and my diagnostics working?  

4. Ah ok i went to options and it say v4.6.0.162 (platform 4.0.0.155) not sure if im up to date etc but thats what my bold says!!

5. i didnt download a manual with the pocketmac, do u know where i could get one from please? 

Thank u again hun xx 

Thanks in advance xx
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Here is the link with the user guide

http://www.pocketmac.net/public/manuals/PocketMacBlackBerryManual.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Totalnewbie  wrote:

3. I ran diagnostics but its taken nearly a hour now and is still not complete :-| the ICMP Ping Echo jus has three flashing dots and it hasnt moved past that. So when i stop it, it says 

DIAGNOSTIC COMPLETED: INCOMPLETE 

So i dont ever get a HRT activation message! ????

Do you have a data plan? If you can't get a successful PIN to PIN message, you won't have

Twitterberry working.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
totalbbnewbie

Hey hun, yer i have a data plan and my pin to pin is working. . 

But just still cant get twitterberry to funtion properly. .

I called up T-mobile they said everything seems to be workin an that i should contact twitterberry developers. .

Hmm i dont know why it isnt working (huffs) i deleted it n re installed it also but still no joys :'( 

Thanks in advance xx
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Sounds like you have done what I would have recommended.

I would add to send service books.

Options, email settings, login, send service books.

Then do a battery pull and test.

Thanks,

Bifocals

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Please use plain text.