Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Desktop Software V6 application loader won't allow the "apply" button to be clicked.

Desktop Software V6 application loader for new software for Bold 9000 won't allow the "apply" button to be clicked. Says "exceeded available storage" (124.5 mb), which is unchaged even after I deleted several large apps from the BB and rebooted.  How do I get the application loader to work??

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Software V6 application loader won't allow the "apply" button to be clicked.

Hiya!

Please be a little more specific.

What os version are you trying to load onto your device?

what all is checked off to be applied?

what is the file free size on your device?

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Re: Desktop Software V6 application loader won't allow the "apply" button to be clicked.

I've got the same thing. The V6 desktop updated this morning and says I've got a pending update of V5.0.0 Core Applications.

The only thing I see pending is the 34.3 MB update (says it's pending in the bottom of the screen.)

According to the device properties, there's 124mb of application space, with 7mb free.

When I add up all the installed applications, I'm only seeing about 44mb of installed stuff and that includes the OS System and Core.  There *should* be at least 50mb free.

Something seems off here.

installed is

Platform V5.2.0.76

Application V5.0.0.822 (bundle 1385)

It also won't let me uninstall any applications because it won't let me remove the update from pending. :/

Visitor
My Device: 9000

Exactly the same problem.  Anyone with a solution?

Forums Veteran I

Hiya!

blackberrys (like most computing devices) suffer from memory leaks.

With the phone turned on and at your standby screen, Pull the battery, reinsert after 30 seconds and wait for it to power on. Now how much memory do you have?

Also, what DM versions are being used? PC or MAC?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm pretty sure we're all using the latest update of DM that was just released (6.0.0.43). I'm on a PC.

The apply button is disabled when the "[!] Exceeded available storage" warning shows up.

The reboot suggestion above did free up enough application memory to allow me to install the 34.6MB Core Applications Update.  Thanks for that.

However, there is still a bug (from what I can tell) in the DM application loader.  There is no way to disable an available update.  They are automatically listed in the "Application Summary" section, and they cannot be removed with the "action" buttons in the main list. This was not the case with older versions of DM.

One application I had with available updates, DocumentsToGo, gave me the option to remove it entirely, but not remove the update. Because Core Applications are required, I could not make any changes in the application loader without installing this update.

Are we now required to install all available updates to a particular application or delete it?  BB needs to address this.

Thanks,

Morgan

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I am also using the 6.0.0.43 DM and the reboot suggestion above did not change anything for me. I am still showing 124.5 MB application storage with the 'Exceeded available storage' warning. I have the 5.0.0 Core Update (33.8MB) pending in my applications summary and cannot click Apply. Anyone have any other suggestions???
New Contributor

finally ,  i found this topic , fiuuuh ...

i'm using blackberry desktop software version 6.0.0.43 pc , and i have the same problem as shelfen ... but the difference is , i finally updated those core components ... but if i connect again some hour or some days later , it keeps telling me to upgrade the core components ... how is that possible ? ... 

i need some help on this one ...

Bold 9000 / AT&T / v5.0.0.822
Forums Veteran I

shelfen wrote:
I am also using the 6.0.0.43 DM and the reboot suggestion above did not change anything for me. I am still showing 124.5 MB application storage with the 'Exceeded available storage' warning.

Is that free memory or total? what is your file free?

@HunterKiller

That is a known glitch, ignore it after you have updated everything.