Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jcorden
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Starhub

Re: Desktop manager shows calendar as not installed -can not sync

Brilliant. Simple fix, easily understood. I wish all contributions were as helpful. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nyserge
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

Next phone will not be made by Black Berry. This is a Black eye for black berry. Tried everything mentioned, but what if you don't have a default as outlook to select then what, desktop and phone are not allowing it, so I guess it is time to flush this piece of junk phone. Thank god I forced it to go around Black berry's parameters, very difficult to do so I will not post it. This has go to be the suckiest phone I ever owned. Please don't use the public as your practice dummies, there is a thing called RD before you put a product out. There should be a Lemon Law on electronics then you will see this stop. Dump your black berry if you wish to keep up with phones that do really work.

Please use plain text.
GailJ
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

dkmashino, thank you so much for taking the time to post the quick, easy, effective  solution to this problem. It worked exactly for me as you described.

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9000 (carrier AT&T). Have had the phone for over 3 years now and this never happened before. I use GMail on Outlook. My phone had reassigned my email address in the place dkmashino describes to "facebook."  Huuuuuuuhhhhh?  I *do* have the FaceBook app on my BB, but don't use it for email! Before this happened, I had lost my email icon from the phone. It took a month and a half to find the answer for that, sifting through time-consuming non-answers. Once I corrected it, I lost the capability of syncing the calendar!

I needed to restore my calendar quickly to my BB and your directions accomplished that for me. I took the trouble to register to comment on this user-unfriendly site solely to let you know how much I appreciate you and to let others who stumble onto this discussion know that your advice works.

With much appreciation to you...  I cannot wait until I am able to afford a new phone so I can dump this BB.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jorgedemendonca
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

This worked for me on my Bold 9780, but the path there was slightly different:

Options > Device > Advanced System Options > Default Services

Both the Calendar and the Messaging needed to be set to the same email as the default in Outlook, the second of which wasn't in my case.

Thx for this easy solution!
Please use plain text.
lmulestagno
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

thank you - this solution worked for me too - had my calendar (on device) set to Facebook switched to Outlook and worked.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcmillercfp
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Many, many thanks! It fixed it in about 30 seconds. What great advice. My os on my storm was screwed up and I recently reinstalled it. When I followed your procedure I found that my calendar now showed Facebook. I corrected it and now Blackberry Desktop works great again.

Please use plain text.