Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
orangestar
My Device: NEW - Bold 9000, OLD - 8800
Accepted Solution

Desperate with New Bold - PLEASE HELP with Restoring Historical Email with BES

Hi all,

This is my first post. I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide. I have been using a BB 8800 GSM for 2 years and was just shipped a new BB Bold 9000 GSM. I use it mostly for work with our company email, and also for address book and calendaring. My company uses Exchange 2003 and Blackberry Enterprise Server which I can only guess is v4.0 or 4.1. I am 

As I mentioned I use the BB for work and like having my historical email available on it as I often need to find older emails when not in the office. I backed up the 8800 using the Desktop Manager SW v4.6. I also performed a Switch Device using the DM software while both devices were connected to my laptop via USB. It successfully restored the data onto the Bold. However on the Bold I cannot send or receive email with my work email. I can make calls, send text, browse the web, send email from my Yahoo account which is also setup with the BB.

I also logged in to the Blackberry Internet Service page and updated my device on the wireless network and updated the service book. This enabled my Yahoo account to work on the BB. However I am still without corporate email.

My question is do I need my BES administrator to make a change on the BES? Does he need to do an Enterprise Activation? If so is there a way to do the EA and still keep my historical data via the Desktop Manager backup & restore process?

If the BES administrator needs to do an EA can someone provide detailed instructions so I can assist him or point him in the right direction? He believes he needs to delete my account and the create a new one. I was told that he may only need to update or change the pin associated with my profile.

Any help or input would be appreciated especially from experiences BES administrators. If you need more info or have questions please fire away.

Thanks in advance! 

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Desperate with New Bold - PLEASE HELP with Restoring Historical Email with BES

Did you connect the BlackBerry to your work computer when you used the Switch Device Wizard? If so were you prompted to change to using the new device's (Bold) PIN number and then to generate a new encryption key? If so then that should've completed the activation process to activate the Bold.

If that didn't happen your IT dept can issue you a new activation password. After they do that you just have to go into Options | Advanced Options | Enterprise Activation and type in your corporate email address and the password they give you, hit your menu button, and choose Activate. Doing so will activate the Bold to receive your corporate data.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
orangestar

Re: Desperate with New Bold - PLEASE HELP with Restoring Historical Email with BES

Did you connect the BlackBerry to your work computer when you used the Switch Device Wizard?

Yes - I connected both the 8800 and the Bold at the same time both to my work pc.

If so were you prompted to change to using the new device's (Bold) PIN number and then to generate a new encryption key? 

Yes - it asked to switch the old device's pin to the new device's pin. As far as generating a new encryption key I am unsure. Didnt see anything to that affect.

New Contributor
orangestar

Just waiting for the BES admin to send me a new password. Hopefully that will clear it up. I checked with another colleague, a technical one, and he said that should fix it. 

I will update once the password has been resent and applied. 

New Contributor
orangestar

That worked. They issued a new password and my corporate email is working as well as my historical emails. Thanks for your help and kudos!
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Glad that it worked out for you   :smileyhappy:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.