Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
lunaray
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Device Installation Problem

I just picked up a BB Bold 9000 and I installed the Desktop Management software and everything went smooth.  Then I looked around for a USB data cable, found one that fit, pluged it in, but the driver install failed!  When I open Device Manager it shows up as an "Unkown Device" with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.  I tried to uninstall it but it just keeps coming backm every time I restart my computer.  When I double-click on the Unkown Device, I get the following error:  "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I'm not sure about the cable I used, I've had other Blackberry models and since the cable fit, I assumed that it was a cable from one of my past models, might that be the problem?  I tried to do a System Restore to get back to where i was before, but it didn't work!

Anyone have a solution to fix my problem?

Thanks,

Ray

Oh, my OS is Windows 7 Professional, 32bit and the Blackberry OS is Version 4.6

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Device Installation Problem

Unfortunately, "a USB cable is a USB cable" is not true.  Some cables will transfer data while others will only charge a phone.  You have to make sure you have a proper USB cable, preferably made specifically for BlackBerry devices.  Investing a few dollars in a proper cable would be a good place to start.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lunaray
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks, do you think I corrupted something?  I've ordered a "data" cable, do you think that will fix the problem?  I hope so!  Thanks again for yoir insight!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If that's what the problem is, and by the way you describe things it sounds like that, then a data cable would fix the problem.

Cheers!  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.