Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic - 10.31.1779
Accepted Solution

Device Software

Hi,

I am with Cytamobile-Vodafone in Cyprus,

can anyone tell me or give me a link as to where I can download the latest software for my Bold,I'm not sure if any of the sites listed on the page I checked will be OK. Cytamobile-Vodafone was not mentioned

(Download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your wireless service provider. You can find your wireless service provider's software download web site here)

Thanks

Dave

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Device Software

Hi Dave, you can download any software, but you need to delete the vendor file before install the software on the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks very much,

can you tell me how to delete the existing software please,

Regards

Dave

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Forums Veteran III

You don't need to delete the existing software, follow this link with the exact procedure

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trusted Contributor

Thanks very much, that@s great and has worked fine.

May be you can help with one other query I have, I have a icon which gives gives me the weather in London also the temperature. This seems to be the default location on my Bold. Can this be changed to here in Cyprus?

Regards

David

Forums Veteran III

Which application is?

In my application (weather) if i click on the icon, the application go over the internet and there are on the right bottom a link called other locations (where you can change to another location), you have the same? 

Forums Veteran III

And for the first question, please mark the thread was solved, is better for other users with the same question, thanks.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, mine is the same, I have just tried it and it goes to Cyprus no problem. Can I set this location as my default or do I have to go through the same process every time?

Regards

Dave

Forums Veteran III

Really i don't know if you can change the default city, but for sure you can delete the first one, you can delete the new one, just 1 minute on your device. 
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for that anyway,

Dave