Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

Device Software

[ Edited ]

Hey there! I recently updated my device software using the desktop software. Now, the audio boost in the media player disappeared which is really annoying for me! I either want to roll back the software or get the boost back. I tried to roll back using the desktop software which is not an option somehow. Nor doing that using the wireless network is an option for me. Please assist! :smileyhappy: 

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: vodafone

unable to ok user agreement Re: cant click ok on software license agreement.

hello

i have a similar problem on a 8900 that i was given because it is useless. originally i the phone had an issue with not being able to select unlock,or even make an emergency call !

i tried the hard reset (battery out whilst powered and left for 3 mins before reboot) ,to no avail .thought maybe a software issue , so i upgraded to the latest software. still no cure .

i tried downgrading the software , this is where i got to the user agreement .i can scroll up and down through it but cannot select ok .if i leave the phone connected via usb i cannot get past the clock ,then i unplug it and get back to the user ageement.

as the trackball scrolls ,im reluctant to think it is a hardware fault, and the updates seemed to give me a different fault.

currently using an iphone 4s,no problems at all. i will never ever spend a penny on a blackberry, they are the devils toys !!!!!!

hopefully someone can point me in the right direction !

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: unable to ok user agreement Re: cant click ok on software license agreement.

[ Edited ]

Hello nazfgaz,

1) you do realize that you are comparing a device released in Q1 2009 (the 8900) to a device released in Q4 2011 (the iPhone 4S) ?

2) besides your 8900 is not a brand new one, and I don't know if it worked correctly when it was given/sold to you.

3) it is no use downgrading. What you are to do, is upgrade as much as possible. What was the exact OS to which you tried to upgrade the first time? From which carrier?

4) you say that BlackBerry devices are the "devils toys". This does not make me wantto help you... Are you here for to be helped, or are you here to rant?

5) is your issue really related to the audio boost? Reading your message, I see nothing that looks like the original poster's inquiry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: