Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mandryka
My Device: Bold 9780

Different Password Requirements - Blackberry Account & Blackberry ID

I'm new to Blackberry and its user environment so please excuse what will seem to many a rather basic, if not dumb, question.  There appear to be several different requirements for a password to use my Blackberry - I've just created one to access this Forum.  I also have a Blackberry Account and a Blackberry ID - created at different times. 

So, what is the difference between a Blackberry Account and a Blackberry ID and when do I know which one to use?

Thanks.

New Contributor
mandryka

Re: Different Password Requirements - Blackberry Account & Blackberry ID

I should add that I've been further confused when I've attempted to link my Blackberry to my PC with a USB cable to sync my organiser details, using Blackberry Desktop.  Blackberry Desktop opened and a fresh dialogue window opened asking me to Unlock my Blackberry Device, even though it was already unlocked.  I tried all three passwords - the everyday password I use to unlock my smartphone, as well as the Blackberry ID and Blackberry Account passwords but none of these were recognised.

Cheers!

New Contributor
mandryka

Well, I've solved the second problem regarding the refusal of Blackberry Desktop to recognise the Device password, courtesy of a switched-on assistant at the local 02 shop.  I had input my original password with a sequence of numbers in mind but Blackberry Desktop expected to see them as the equivalent letters of the alphabet.  I knew the explanation would show up my limited exposure to Blackberry's quirks....

New Contributor
mikegilson
My Device: Curve 9300

Thanks for that, would never have guessed using letters instead of numbers on desktop.:Flowers: