Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

monikasekhri
My Device: Curve

Re: Disabling Memory Cleaning

Go to Security Options> general Settings>

Here disable content compression and Content Protection

The icon will diappear and Memory cleaning will automatically get disabled.

It worked on my Curve.

Warm Regards,
Monika
nika18
My Device: curve 9300

Re: Disabling Memory Cleaning

Hey guys,

I have a 8520 and a 9300, the 8520 I had for the last three years and I never had a problem with it, the memory clean was always 'disabled' and everything should be on the phone, last year however, it got stolen, and I had for that three hours that it was, the person reseted something, because I had a password for the phone, and for my apps, the passwords were disabled but most of my applications was still on the phone, I don't know exactly what he did, but ever since then my phone clears the memory, even though it still says 'disabled' and its so annoying, because everything disappears! I don't have none of the apps that was mentioned here, I personally never did a 'memory clean' nor did I have BES settings.I don't have the icon on my screen, as some of you mentioned either. Some one please help!!!
Ps the same is with the 9300, I have that for a few months now, and under memory clean its 'disabled' but still cleans the memory, the only difference is, both phones cleans the memory after 30 days, not when the phone gets locked.