Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
CastEyes
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Disappointing in z10 q10

ohh and i forgot to add :

1. Screen orientation lock which cannot be set by default to portrait should you not wish to have the screen on a landscape mode whatever way you hold the phone

2. and the keyboad!!! just to type '!' and this '?'... you have to swich the mode?? common! just like the '.' those are commonly used keys..why not add it as a pop up while pressing the '.' button ??

3 changing language directly from the keyboad... the z10 detects the language but mix it up so why not let us choose the language when we want while typing??

i'm so very much depressed when you think of all the money i put on that phone.... i loved my bold but this.... ;-((

Contributor
CastEyes

ohh and i forgot to add :

1. Screen orientation lock which cannot be set by default to portrait should you not wish to have the screen on a landscape mode whatever way you hold the phone

2. and the keyboad!!! just to type '!' and this '?'... you have to swich the mode?? common! just like the '.' those are commonly used keys..why not add it as a pop up while pressing the '.' button ??

3 changing language directly from the keyboad... the z10 detects the language but mix it up so why not let us choose the language when we want while typing??

i'm so very much depressed when you think of all the money i put on that phone.... i loved my bold but this.... ;-((

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Once you've upgraded to 10.1, you'll find some of your issues resolved. Your 3, 3, 4, and 7 are not yet resolved.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
CastEyes

Thanks for the reply.

However when will they be resolved ?

There are so many.... i know the OS is new, but you had some very good features on the bold... only the reject a call with an sms was missing. Except from that i loved my Bold.

Now with this, instead of improving i feel like i'm left behind compared to what other brand are offering... I dont see any new feature that are 'GREAT' compared to my Bold... and if the chipset didnt have issues i would still be using it now....

If we are talking abt ' we dont know and what will be adressed and when' better tell me now so that i try to change the phone the quickest possible.

Its depressing as i've been with Blackberry and stayed with you even when everyone was moving on IOS and Android.

JSanders

I don't know when. Remember this is a user to user support forum. We are users just like you. I do not work for RIM.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
CastEyes

i've been trying to get an email add on which i could send an email to Blackerry but none that i could find.

Thanks so much for your replies.

JSanders

Send a tweet to @blackberryhelp

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

SetTrend wrote:

Being a German, I find it rather disappointing that the Q10 does not provide additional keys for umlaut characters.

Nokia keyboard mobile phones do provide umlaut character keys.

Without them it's very cumbersome to write wishes or subjunctive sentenses. So this is a No Buy for me.

If you press and hold certain letters you will get extra choices. So the letters you want may be under a certain key. Try pressing and holding E for example. ë

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
SetTrend
My Device: Developer

If you press and hold certain letters you will get extra choices. So the letters you want may be under a certain key. Try pressing and holding E for example. ë

That'd be too cumbersome for me. Imagine you'd have to do this to type the letter "p"... You'd get mad...

But thanks for trying to help anyway, Rich.

Cheers,

Axel