Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Display Personalization 9900

Ok...I have spent hours searching the guide but still I can't find out how to personalize a couple of things in my 9900:

1) Pictures ID of contacts: I don' t use them, I don't like them...so there are empty pictures. I want to completely remove the empty picture when someone calls me so as the main screen will only shows his/her name and nothing else.

2) Search bar: It's quite useless. I type a phone number and instead of 6566700 it's shown fdffz00, and a list of other other suggestions coming from the search bar.

I want to completely remove this stupid search bar and whenever i type a number to only show the numbers exactly as it was at 9700.

Is these possible?

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Re: Display Personalization 9900

Hello,
1) Not possible.
2) When you're typing in the search bar there should be two rows - one row of letters and one row of the relevant numbers. So if you pres the green button you will dial the number, if not you will have a word. It is, though, quite usefull, because in other devices, such as using Android, you should use a special button to change the input method - from numeric to alphabetic and other way around.

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Display Personalization 9900

Thanks Kosten for your prompt answer.

In what it concern (2) ...yes, I know, there are 2 bars BUT I was wondering if i can completely remove the search bar from the main screen.

Anyway.....BB has a lot to modify and give more options to users.

Thanks!