Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Do I move to the 9900 ??

If it stayed on long enough ??  Are you having the same issue that Techlawyer was describing in the previous post ?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Next upgrade is late next year 4 me I will be thinking twice about RIM
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Okay, funny how things happen so quickly.  Just yesterday, I advised that I was quite happy with my 9900.  Then, literally minutes after writing that, my phone bricked.  If you're not familiar with the term, it means the phone dies and cannot be revived, even by reloading the OS.  I got a JVM error 517 message.  I know from advising others in these forums that a 517 is fatal.  So now I'm back with my Torch 9800 and I'll probably live with it until the BBX phones are released hopefully next spring. 

Interestingly enough, the 9900 shares the same OS 7 as other phones but you don't hear about this bricking problem nearly as much with the other models.

I hope both sides of my story help you with your decision.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

Wow that is mad also a big let down from RIM 2 think the battery in that is only a little bit bigger than a 8520 curve
Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear about the bad stroke of luck with your 9900 but thanks so much for giving me the heads up !  I think with all the feedback I've had, I'll heed the warnings and stick with my 9780 for the time being...  Thanks EVERYONE for the feedback !

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

battery life a major problem.   and also defective batteries.  Am on to second battery with rogers, in a little over 2 weeks of use.   

The battery life lasts about 1/2 day.   Dont rely on your alarm on your bb if you are travelling and want to get up in the morning.

Trusted Contributor

A lot of my friends have jump ship but and apple have problems aswell but I need a keypad coz I am not a lover of touchscreen I was hoping RIM done a non-touch of the 9900 and 9790 which I think is another key factor for the poor battery first 3 bolds all had the same battery why fix something that is not broken
Trusted Contributor

Wow..  I read through the entire post today referring to the dead 9900 ...   scary stuff !!  sounds like the new operating system has cured a lot of the poor battery performance issues but I wonder, has that also fixed the bricking problem or are the two not related ?   I think I read somewhere along the line that once the battery goes completely dead it somehow shorts the phone (likely when trying to charge) and cooks the whole thing..    If the operating system update is the answer I might still consider the move but otherhwise I'm staying completely clear of this phone.. 

Trusted Contributor

97## r the best bbs by far @ the moment didn't have the 9000 heard it was good