Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Vodacom

Do not want to sync main Outlook calendar to phone

My problem is as follows:

I have two Outlook pst's - the main one (work-related) and a secondary one (personal).

I would like to have by BB Bold 9900 sync both ways between my pc and my handheld - BUT ONLY to the PERSONAL / SECONDARY PST...I do not want the work pst to appear on my device at all.

The BB help screen gave me this message (which I applied as required):

If you don't want to synchronize your primary contact list, calendar, memos, or tasks from your computer to your BlackBerry smartphone, you can choose to synchronize a different collection of organizer data. For example, you might want to synchronize events from a calendar other than the main calendar on your computer. Before you can complete this task, you must configure synchronization options for your contacts, calendars, memos, and tasks.
  1. Connect your smartphone to your computer.
  2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer.
  3. Click Configure beside the organizer data type.
  4. Click Advanced.
  5. On the Folders tab, click Select different <organizer data type> to sync.
  6. Highlight the contacts application, calendar, memo folder, or task folder, and navigate to the correct folder. Click Add.
  7. Click OK > OK.

But then when trying to sync, I checked the sync details before clicking the sync button and noticed that the WORK PST entries were going to be written to the device (which is what I am trying to avoid). In looking at the sync setup screen I spotted the following message (which seems contrary to the instructions and message given above):

Your main Microsoft Outlook calendar is synchronized with your device. If you have more than one calendar in your Microsoft Outlook account, you can select it for synchronization.

Please help. Is it possible to achieve what I am wanting to? If so - how?

PS: Is there any way to specify my "main" outlook calendar as the secondary calendar?

Kind regards,

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Do not want to sync main Outlook calendar to phone

I would suggest configuring a new Outlook profile with your Personal PST file.  You can create the profile then associate the PST file using the Mail Settings in the Windows Control Panel.  When creating the profile, you can configure the Mail Settings to continue using your original Profile, thus your view of Outlook will not change.

In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, you can change the selected profile to use the new one you just created. As the new profile will be associated with your Personal PST file, it will only synchronize with that PST file.

Because the Personal PST file will be associated with both your new profile and your original profile, you will still be able to edit and view all changes made in your original profile.

I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know!

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Do not want to sync main Outlook calendar to phone

Will give it a go (will have IT friend assist). Will let you know if we don't come right.

Many thanks.