Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
patmcardle
My Carrier: O2

Do you know how to identify diverted calls?

Hi all

First time poster here. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of knowing which calls have diverted from my office number and which are made directly to my Blackberry 9700? Is there an app or a setting that will show which calls are diverted calls and which aren't?

I often set a call divert on my office landline to my 9700, but I can't tell which calls were originally made to my office number and which were made direct to my BB. I'd like to know whether the people calling are expecting that I'm at my desk or if they understand that I might be out and about. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks a million.

Thanks for your help

Pat

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Do you know how to identify diverted calls?

No, once the call from your office is divereted to your mobile number, it appears to be a call made direct to your mobile number.

I don't know of any third party applicaiton for this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patmcardle
My Carrier: O2

Thanks. I couldn't find a third party app either. I'd love if someone would create one, it must be very straightforward to do so, as the phone flashes "call forwarding unconditional" briefly at the beginning of each diverted call. So if the phone is capable of distinguishing these calls (however briefly) even an app that would show an arrow or something would be very welcome.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

You're confusing what the Call Forwarding is for. It's function is to hand the calls directed TO your device.

You're looking for something to CHANGE the identity of a call MADE to your office. That is something that your carrier would have to do, or know, that "this" incoming call was directed to your mobile number via another service. From what I know, there is no way for the BlackBerry to identify that.

You're comparing apples and oranges regarding the call forwarding conditional.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
David_Torp
My Carrier: optus

Diverted calls are identifiable. But ridulously no App seems to exist yet to manage this. All users are provided with at most is a tiny fleeting symbol that disappears before it is of any use. This would have to be the world easiest app to write but no **bleep** has. If a call is identified as "diverted", which the phone already does, users should be able to assign a wallpaper to it and unique ringtone.

Please use plain text.