Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Double(Triple??) key Input issue with 9780

I tried to swap this phone with Telus in Calgary...they wanted me to pay $350 to get out of my old plan...which I just renewed in January to get this BB bold, then $50 for the new phone. The guy on the phone wnated to try and fix this phone...I told him you will have no luck! He didn't care about this blog and what people were saying. I haven't tried the fix yet...I will today.  

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: claro

Guys. Good news. 100% solved after updating to the new OS 6.0.0.650

This update is a must. Tons of bugs fixed. battery, lag, stuttering, long sms dialogs not showing, etc

Remember to delete "vendor.xml" before installing to the phone

6.0.0.650 MULTILANGUAGE
https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...7F628C8466D489

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2858 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 6.0.0.2858
Consisting of:
Applications: 6.0.0.650
Software Platform: 6.6.0.236
File name: 9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel2858_PL6.6.0.236_A6.0.0.650_Mobi licity.exe
File size: 170.57MB 

New Contributor
My Carrier: Mobilicity

^^^ Yes, I upgraded to the new OS (as per previous post) and my issues are solved. Must upgrade.
Contributor
My Carrier: XL

I upgrade 2 weeks ago and it's sort of back for me again. Although not as bad.. it's just my return key which is doing the double thing.
Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

Discotech: is it a consistent thing with your return key? Or was it like a one time thing? I just updated last night and it seems to be fixed with me and mine was really bad. But I have have about 3 wks left on my warranty and if this isn't an official fix from rim then I would rather just send it in for repairs. Then maybe sell it after.
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

I've upgraded to 6.0 paquete 2647 (v6.0.0.600, , plataforma 6.6.0.223) and nothing happeneed, still stuttering
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Having the same problems and this is my second phone!!! am sick to death of it. I was recommended this phone by vodafone and am furious. WHY ARE THEY IGNORING THIS ISSUE?? If this was any other product it would have been recalled. As far as i am concerned i have been mis-sold a product and my next step is going to have to be trading standards.
Contributor
My Device: SGII
My Carrier: Rogers

The sooner you move on, the happier you will be. The phone doesn't work properly.

The last time I tried to resolve an issue where a store employee removed the security sticker from my phone and then denied my warranty claim, 3 days after the 30 day warranty, it took me at least 9 months to get Blackberry to get Digicel to give me a credit for the phone.

Because they no longer had any 8900s in stock (this was on the island of Antigua) I had to get a Storm. Which I never enjoyed one minute using.

3/5 Blackberries had issues. 0/3 Nokia. 1/3 HTC. 0/2 Motorola. 0/1 Samsung. This is a biased sample. If I had been provided with good customer support, I am sure I would only have praise to sing about Blackberry.

It is confusing to me why they do not strive for 100% customer satisfaction. Their cost benefit analysis must indicate that their strategy is feasible for continued business.

Futureshop is giving 100$ gift card towards the purchase of the playbook (399) bringing it down to 299 when you buy it online. :Oops:

Visitor
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

@darcy87 - Same here, I'm in Calgary and Telus could care less about my issues. I got the phone in January as well from the outlet in Deerfoot Mall where all the employees seem to be completely useless and basically do the same things over and over again every time I take it in. They're no more helpful over the phone as they ask me to pull the battery, change the keystroke speed, all the things that everyone here has tried and tried again. Getting a replacement phone out of Telus has been completely impossible...they'll do anything to avoid it.

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Base

Hi people, hi BB guys, :smileyhappy:

Well. Alter being loyal Nokia user for years. And pushing back the smartphone use for a view years. I finaly got into the world of smartphones. First played a view month with Nokia 5800 then with old HTC Dream. Which is cool (and best keyboard ive seen) but slow and bulky. The size of a phone was always the biggest concern for me.

Yet in the times when i had used my first ever gsm there came blackberrys out. And i tought wow they are just amasing peace of a hardware idea. But back then i was a child and havent got the money for something like that.

Now im a busy working guy. And slow HTC Dream has wonderfull keyboard but didnt satisfy my needs being slow with Cyanogen on it. And being a heavy brick. So i tought ok, lets then try something that really should be the best of the best. And since i started to use Email on a smartphone and i heard that Blackberry had a reputation of being good in this. And im a helpdesk and a bit sysadmin guy I tought well lets try it out. And you know what i found out. BB is indeed in the mibile world like Mac in a PC world. Nice to use it becquse of its quality. And its all in those little things.

But in all this fun of using nice peace of technology comes this stuttering thing on top. Thats just so dissapointing.

I have brought it in because it is under the garantee yet. The retailer will sent it to BB. Hopely it can be fixed. Because i dont really want another model. The newer one has just a littlebit bigger keyboard wich is good. But i personally dont really like the touch screen of it. After this another flop of a view days no service. I really wuld like to see it fixed. Because otherwise im afraid i wouldnt be one happy BB user.

This stutter thing is actually not such a big problem for me. But still its not so fun.

p.s. For someone interested. People write they fixed it by replacing keyboard or/and the thing underneeth it.

peace be with you,

Nikolai