Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
KeiKey
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Down loading live radio

Hello,

Im new to the blackberry lounge.  My question is,  When you go to a radio station's website, and you want to listen to the station live on your blackberry.  How can you listen to the radio station live.  I have a blackberry curve 8320 and I went to a radion station website.  The direction told me if I wanted to listen to listen to the radio station live just click on listen now.  I click on listen now and I was getting a java script error.  If someone can be of assistant to me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

KeiKey

Please use plain text.
Developer
javec

Re: Down loading live radio

Hello,

there is a 3rd Party Software that can help you:

Mobiola is a Media Player that supports Live Radio. 

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)
KeiKey

Hi Javec,

Well I found the reply button go figure. 

I went to the website and tried to down load the free trial but it wouldn't down load to my bb.  Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Developer
javec

Hello KeiKey,

What you do is the following:

1) Download BerryTunes to your device (not the other player I suggested you): Enter this address into the field in your browser: http://www.berrytunes.com/ota/BerryTunes2.jad

2) Now the application will get downloaded to your device. Click on the "Download"-Folder and there you will find the application called BerryTunes.

3) Launch the application

4) Click the Menu-Button

5) Select the Radio-Menu

6) Click the Menu-Button

7) Add Station

8) There you enter the name for the radio station and then enter the web link to the streaming file. (You find the link to the streaming file on the website from where the radio station is.)

Let me know if you still have questions. 

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)
KeiKey

Hello Javec,

Thank you.  I really appreciate you helping me with this.  I tried to get into one of the radio station and got a error tell me:  The application BerryTunes2 has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed my IT policy.

Can you let me know what this means.

Thanks again

Kei

Please use plain text.
Developer
javec

Did the error message allow you to click yes and no or so?

Are you on BIS or BES? 

KeiKey

Hi Javec,

I have everything downloaded and it's working:smileyhappy:.  I called my cellphone provider about the situation and they help me out.   I had to enable my firewall and also get a APN from them in order for me do listen to the radio.

I have no clue who you are but you are such a wonderful person to take time out to help me out.  I THANK YOU for all your help.

Kei

Please use plain text.
New Contributor

Configuring APN generate extra costs! Ask your provider!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peterrenfrew

Re: Streaming live radio on Bold with Vodafone UK

I have a Bold 9000 with Vodafone UK. Radio works fine on wi-fi but not over vodafone network. Error message suggests it's TCP problem.  I've telephoned Vodafone, the reply was very unhelpfull, one station (nobex) said Vodafone are blocking all radio streaming??. I have tried entering TCP settings (the ones vodafone reluctantly gave me) but no good. Youtube works fine. Can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
demonios
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone GR

hallo,

i found very interesting your post. Can you tell me how to operate this with my BlackBerry Curve 8520? I've install it but i canot get a connection?

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.