Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

Downgrade BBM to V 5.0.0.57

Hello ! 

I recently downloaded BBM v 5.0.1.38 on my bold 9700, and i want to downgrade it back to v5.0.0.57. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

Re: Downgrade BBM to V 5.0.0.57

[ Edited ]

Hi, may I know why do you want to downgrade the BBM to v5.0.0.57? I too installed the latest BBM v5.0.1.38, but I had some problems, that is I can see what my friend's message from the message list, but when I entered the chat window, I can't see the message. I asked my friend who gave me the link, he said he had no problems with the new BBM at all. So I tried to match his OS version and mine, and installed the same OS he had, but I can't seem to get it to work, thus I re-installed the previous OS which carried the older BBM version but I can't see which version it is. I'm still struggling with the problems since afternoon.

One sure thing, you can un-install the BBM, and use BB desktop manager to re-install the BBM (it's unclear which version) from the BB desktop manager, choose "Application Loader" then "Add/Remove Applications" or if you don't find the BBM, try the "Update Software".

If that doesn't work, you can un-install the BBM, and try to re-install the BBM from the BB apps world, because last I checked, they revert the BBM download from BBM v5.0.1.38 to BBM v5.0.0.57, but just be careful, the links both to BB apps world and BBM cannot be accessed at the moment, you might end up having no BBM at all unless you want to go through the hassle of installing a new OS.

:smileysad:

New Contributor

I re-installed OS v5.0.0.593 into bold 9700, and now the BBM v5.0.1.38 works fine, but now the apps world have a few glitches that can be resolved only by restarting the handset.

By the way, apps world and bbm v5.0.1.38 is available once again for download.

My Device: Not Specified

hi im having the same problem . can you please help me download the old version . i dont know how . thanks :smileywink:

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: STC

also I want to add that icons is so big so it takes half of the screen you will not feel comfortable while writing a message:smileymad:

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is it allowed to post link here? Well, if it's not allowed, you can google "BBM v5.0.0.57 download" and look for the mobile site to download the BBM v5.0.0.57.

If it's allowed to post link here, I think this is the link to download the BBM, but I do not know for certain which version it is, definitely not the V5.0.1.38.

:smileyhappy:

http://www.blackberry.com/select/bbm/download.shtml

New Contributor
My Carrier: XL

Dear Aditya23,

We're stuck!!  All links (including the link you gave) automatically direct us to the latest BBM version 5.0.1.38 :smileymad:

Anyone has any other suggestion, pleaseeeee......????  Thanks!!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: dtac

:smileytongue:

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: 3 UK

I've upgraded this morning and the icons have gone, the option to send via no longer includes bbm, I've uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled about 10 times today - I just cant use it. I'll try to bootload it tonight but not happy so far. I've had this happen once before with a different app, I cant remember how I solved it though.

Using os5, and am wondering if thats the problem (it came with 5.0.0.57 included).

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

Hello everyone ! 

Thanx to a genius on crackberry forum, ive got a link to a website from where u can download the older version of BBM.  However, v 5.0.0.57 cannot be downloaded coz the links takes u on v 5.0.1.38, but u can download .66 which is as good as .57.

http://bbtweeps.com/files/php/bbm.php

NOTE- the download takes a little while to start and is  very slow, but the messenger works perfectly once the download is complete 

cheers and enjoy !