Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Wattsj804
My Carrier: t-mobile

Downgrade to 5 OS

I recently was forced to do the upgrade to 6.0 on my bold 9700. I now lost the ability to reply all in texting. This is a feature I use a lot. I have tried calling t-mobile and the suggestion was to downgrade to 5.0OS but they don't have the software. I have tried finding it on blackberry's website and still no luck. Does anyone have the solution to my problem? I'm seriously on the verge of leaving blackberry and t-mobile since neither of them are helping in getting this resolved. The iphone has this feature and maybe its time I move on.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Downgrade to 5 OS

[ Edited ]

Please, we're users here just like you, we don't have to get the "iPhone whine", for you to ask for help. If you want one, please go get one. Oh. Tmobile doesn't carry the iPhone do they?

Anyway, really!

To Downgrade:

1. Delete the newer OS from your PC by going to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs. (If you never physically installed the OS to your PC, skip to step 2.)

2. Then download and install the older version of the OS.

Here's one, don't worry that is not from Tmobile, not a problem.

http://smartphone.nttdocomo.co.jp/materials/bold9700/9700jEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1655_PL5.1.0.177_A5.0...

3. Install the older OS to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nubian7
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I ran into an obstacle upon downgrading: once I opened the App Loader Wizard, I don't have an option to select a communication port nor can I detect it. Please advise on what steps to take.... Thanks!

Communication Port Selection

Please use plain text.
JSanders

do a battery pull reboot on the device, and restart the Loader.exe on your Pc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nubian7
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I had to reinstall the driver for my phone then reboot the phone also- it worked! Thanks again! :Yes:

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.