02-26-2012 10:46 PM
I recently was forced to do the upgrade to 6.0 on my bold 9700. I now lost the ability to reply all in texting. This is a feature I use a lot. I have tried calling t-mobile and the suggestion was to downgrade to 5.0OS but they don't have the software. I have tried finding it on blackberry's website and still no luck. Does anyone have the solution to my problem? I'm seriously on the verge of leaving blackberry and t-mobile since neither of them are helping in getting this resolved. The iphone has this feature and maybe its time I move on.
02-26-2012 10:55 PM - edited 02-26-2012 10:58 PM
Please, we're users here just like you, we don't have to get the "iPhone whine", for you to ask for help. If you want one, please go get one. Oh. Tmobile doesn't carry the iPhone do they?
1. Delete the newer OS from your PC by going to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs. (If you never physically installed the OS to your PC, skip to step 2.)
2. Then download and install the older version of the OS.
Here's one, don't worry that is not from Tmobile, not a problem.
3. Install the older OS to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
04-21-2012 08:01 AM
I ran into an obstacle upon downgrading: once I opened the App Loader Wizard, I don't have an option to select a communication port nor can I detect it. Please advise on what steps to take.... Thanks!
04-21-2012 08:59 AM
do a battery pull reboot on the device, and restart the Loader.exe on your Pc.
04-21-2012 10:26 AM
You are very welcome.