Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
thejax
My Device: Not Specified

Downloading/Saving Attachments

I'm sure I missed this post, but I did look for an answer and was unable to find one!

I have the Bold (OS v4.6.0.167) and I've made sure I am running the attachment service. My company is running a BB Professional Server (v4.1.4.3). 

I do not have the option to save an attachment. For example, I e-mailed myself a Word doc. I can open it, but no option to save. In addition, I can't edit it either. 

Thanks all!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cloversharon
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Downloading/Saving Attachments

BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 4.1.5 or higher to support the BB Bold. And the IT policy must be allowed to download the attachment to the media card.

Assuming compatibility from the server, it is now possible for users to download file attachments onto their BlackBerry. This creates a new dimension in terms of managing security, as users are now able to download attachments and then transfer them via USB to a laptop. So be sure to enable the relevant security policies if such an action is within proscribed limits in your company’s security policy.

In addition, an area to warn your users about is that data files saved onto the memory card are not mirrored and will be lost for good should the BlackBerry be misplaced or stolen.

Cheers:smileywink:

Please use plain text.