Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Dual number

I have a 9930, and my question is is it possible to have two carriers number, since it supports both cdma and gsm and switch betweent the two numbers as I wish? To be clear, i dont mean dual sim, i dont need both to active all the time. Thanks.
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Yes it can work,.. with trouble.

If you just want it calling services, it's easier, you pop in the other SIM , make your calls, etc.

Otherwise, for the plan also, you will need to insure the Device PIN and IMEI has transferred from one to other and back etc.

And BlackBerryID/AppWorld only allows for 5 PIN swaps (I think, in a year) before locking to PIN.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9930

Thanks for your quick reply. As far as I know, cdma carriers do not require a sim card for their network. They can punch in the number in the cellphone. My Q was is it possible to punch in the number from my cdma carrier and insert a sim for my gsm carrier and carry botH number in the same cell phone and switch between the two numbers from somewhere in tHe system setting. Like I v mentioned, I dont want botH no be active all the time and also i dont want to switch different sim. I hope i v made myself clear.
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

What you're asking and described is very clear.

You can't leave the alternate GSM SIM in the device all the time, that will override the CDMA network built in chip.

When you insert the GSM SIM, you may see an odd message at the top of the screen "Activation Required" and your device may still show your Verizon number.

You will dial ##00000 on your BlackBerry to enter the PRL network editing screen and change that to the new number.

And, the 9930 may require being unlocked from Verizon. See my guide below for details on that.

Also, again, you won't receive data on the GSM chip in the US while doing this, only voice and SMS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code