Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
rcwinn
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Duplicate Addresses

The Address Book on my Bold has identical versions of each address.  How can I delete the duplicates efficiently?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Duplicate Addresses

Best way would be sync your address book with desktop email client i.e., MS Outlook. then delete the duplicates one and re-sync you device with outlook.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rcwinn
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I understand the synching with Outlook, but how do I delete a LOT of addresses from my BlackBerry other than one by one?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

rcwinn wrote:

I understand the synching with Outlook, but how do I delete a LOT of addresses from my BlackBerry other than one by one?

From BlackBerry device you need to delete them one by one.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marnz69
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the exact same problem, and it just continues to happen. just when i think i have it under control, it did it again the other day. The one by one is def a tedious task. I was wondering if you found any other solutions. Also, I have another "duplicate" problem, my picture folders have duplicated over and over, and now have done the same thing on my computer. There doesnt seem to be an end to it. I just got so frustrated i couldnt continue. I was wondering if you had that problem as well?

Thanks for your time

Marnz

Please use plain text.