Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bug_master
My Device: Not Specified

Duplicate Calendar Entries on Bold

After doing a sync and a back-up I now have two entries for every calendar item. The second one can be deleted manually but that is quite a chore. Is there a way to a) remove the duplicate entries. b) prevent future duplication.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Xcist
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Re: Duplicate Calendar Entries on Bold

I have had this happen to me as well, and it is because of the way you have configured your synchronization.

If you connect you blackberry to your computer, and then open up Desktop manager:

1) On the left hand tab - click Synchronization (under Configuration)

2) On the right side, click the Synchronization button.

3) Now on this screen, for the first option (calendar) - which way is the arrow pointing? My guess is that your arrow is pointing ONLY to the left.

What this means - is that everytime you run a "synchronization" it will copy ALL calendar entries to your device, EVEN if they are already on your device - therefore creating duplications of everything.

Firstly, to fix the problem - you need to configure your synchronization to eitehr two-way sync (arrows go both way), or you can keep the same option as before (just sync TO the device, and not both ways), but you HAVE to click the "Replace all data in target application checkbox. This ensures that all old entries get deleted before putting in the new ones. One warning though - by selecting to "replace all data" everytime you sync - IF you add extra calendar entries on your phone after syncing - all the extra things you add will be DELETED whenever you sync. (This is to answer how to prevent future duplication)

And to answer your question about how to delete all duplicates - just check the "replace all data in target application" and sync again. It will delete all current phone entries, and replace them with whatever is in outlook (or whatever you sync with).

There - hope that helps. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bug_master

Hi - and thanks but I may not have worded the question properly.

The device is a Bold 9000

In the calandar on the bold there are two entries for each item, resulting in two different color columbs. It appears that there is a back-up for two different email addresses, although I have several. I now have a red columb and a green columb in each entry. Each entry has a "send using" email address ie: the red has send using (sample)  xyz@xyz and the green has send using abc@abc . It is always the same two email addresses.

I was careful to select the two way sync option when I set-up the device. I had a Pearl before and never had this problem.

Hope this makes sense.

Tks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bug_master

I took some screen shots that I could send, however, I don;t seem to be able to file attach to this email.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bella9678

I have the same issue happening on my bb bold.  I have devide default, email1 and email 2 calendar entries. I would like them all to be combined and have ONE calendar.  Right now I get multiple reminders for the same meetin because they appear on the device as well as on the email calendars.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bug_master

Here is how I fixed my problem

Go to "Options"

Go to "a

Advanced Options"

Go to "Default Services"

Ensure that you choose the same email address for calendar (CICAL) and Messaging (CMIME)

Hope it works for you. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bella9678

I sitll have duplicate entries for device default and email 1.  I just want to maintain one calendar on my bb, not two. I didnt have this issue with my bb pearl and I had the same emails set up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bug_master

Go to "Options"

Go to "Advanced Options"

Go to "Default Services"

Ensure that you choose the same email address for calendar (CICAL) and Messaging (CMIME)

**** you will have to go into calendar and delete all the duplicae entries (you probably have two different colors of entries - so delete the one that is not the default color for the emal you set as default in CICAL and CMIME). Even if you don't delete the duplicates, you will have no additional duplicates if you followed the original instructions. ****

Please use plain text.
NewbyBB57

I have the same issue with duplicate entries and I see what you mean about the different colors. How do you know which one is the one you should delete?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Here is the procedure to delete the duplicate calendar entries

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pain is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.

3. Highlight on the right side your Calendar database and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.

4. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire Calendar database.

5. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the  calendar has been properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.