Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
dougd
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Duplicate Entries

Am new to Blackberries in generl, so bear with me.  On my bold there are two icons - one called "Messages" and the other, when selected, shows my email address.  When I get an email, it shows up on both lists.  How do I get the BB to only have the emails show up on a single list?

Doug

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Duplicate Entries

Ok, is not a duplicate entries, is by default, but if you have more than one email set in your device and one mail is coming, the new mail go to the main mail icon, and in the mail icon with the mail name.

You can hide the icon, go to the icon you want hide, press menu and hide, if you want unhide, make the same and unhide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dougd

I only have one e-mail address established on the bold.  Can't find the option to "hide" the icon.  One icon looks like a message envelope and the other is the same with a globe symbol on top of it.  Any time I press the menu key when either of these icons is highlighted, I end up going to the list of all available icons and applications.  Any help appreciated.

Doug

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

The envelope message icon is the main messages folders, all the mails go to this folder by default.

The envelope with a globe message icon is the folder containing only the mail account you have set in your bold.

If you set up another account, you have another envelope with a globe icon in the main screen.

You can hide the envelope with a globe, go to the icon, press menu and hide. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dougd

Ok, did that.  Next question.  Once hidden, how do you get it back?  Thanks for the help.  Have learnt more in the past twenty minutes that in the past two weeks.  Thanks.

Doug

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

you can press menu and show all to see all the icons ( the normal icons and which ones you have hide )
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Personally, I would recommend hiding the email-specific icon and not the main messages folder.

You main messages folder will also receive PIN messages, WAP and Browser messages should you ever receive any, you will want to access them. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.