Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

efelix
My Device: BlackBerry 9700 Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Duplicate emails in BB inbox after using Outlook

Never mind.  I logged in this morning and found  a batch load of duplicate emails.  Very frustrating...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nharzhool
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Duplicate emails in BB inbox after using Outlook

Okay for anybody that comes across this, I will break it all down for you:

Microsoft Exchange 2007 onwards manages mail differently so it changes the UID of the mail when any modifications are done to the mail ie. Marked as read or flagged.

The BIS POPS, IMAP and IMAPS polls to check the UIDs for new mail. Since the exchange server is changing UIDs, it seems like there is new mail; so it is downloaded.

Now I would strongly recommend AGAINST using standard POP with your company emails for security reasons.

However, there is another way to get this done.

First, get your IT tech to read this.

Now if you ARE the IT tech, I have written a walkthrough on how to set the phones up by using Outlook Web Access.

If your OWA doesn't work, then fix that damnit! Don't be lazy...

Now this walkthrough is for the people here in South Africa but it should be relatively similar elsewhere in the world:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Ensure that Firewall is allowing port 443 inbound and redirecting to the SBServer
# Ensure that Server's Outlook Web Access is working accordingly

= On the BlackBerry, Setup the Email Account
 - Open the Menu, Go to "Setup" (Folder Icon with Green Cog in it)
 - Click on "Email Settings" for Vodacom and "Default" for MTN
 - It might ask you for a User Name and Password ##NB!: This is NOT the email username or password. This is the BlackBerry Internet Services Username and Password.
  - If the End-User does not know these details, you will have to call either MTN or Vodacom to acquire these details
  - For Vodacom call 082 155 (155 from a Vodacom phone) select option 2, 1, 1, 0.
  - For MTN call 083 1555 (1555 from an MTN phone)
 - Once you have logged in, Select "Add" under email accounts
 - Select "other"
 - Enter the email address and the INCORRECT password (NB! It is vital that you input the incorrect password as if the email hosting is at a different IP from the Exchange, It will not setup correctly and internal domain emails will not be received on the BlackBerry)
 - The setup should fail saying "Invalid Email address or Password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists, contact domain.com", Press OK
 - Select "I will provide the settings"
  - Select the "Outlook Web Access (Exchange)" radio
  - Enter the correct password
  - Click "Show Password" to ensure you have typed it correctly
  - Enter the Outlook Web Access Address eg. https://mailserver.fakedyndns.biz/owa
  - Enter the Username in the form: DOMAIN\User
  - Enter the mailbox name as the domain username without domain eg. name.surname
  - Click "Next>" NB! If it reports that the password field is blank, Untick "Show Password"
  - It should say that it has successfully setup the email account
  - On your Home screen, you should now see the Email account listed there
   - If it is not listed, open the menu then press the Menu button again.
   - Click "Show All"
   - Find the desired email Icon and press the Menu button again and Untick "Hide"
  - To have the Icon on your Home screen if it not
   - Find the Icon in the Menu, press the Menu Button and select "Move"
   - Move it to the top row of Icons in the Menu

= Setup Via Vodacom's Web Interface
 - Browse to http://www.mobileemail.vodafonesa.co.za/
 - Enter the BlackBerry Internet Services User Name and Password  ##NB!: This is NOT the email username or password. This is the BlackBerry Internet Services Username and Password.
  - If the End-User does not know these details, you will have to call Vodacom to acquire these details
  - Call 082 155 (155 from a Vodacom phone) select option 2, 1, 1, 0.
 - Click on "Setup another Email Account"
 - Enter the email address and the INCORRECT password (NB! It is vital that you input the incorrect password as if the email hosting is at a different IP from the Exchange, It will not setup correctly and internal domain emails will not be received on the BlackBerry)
 - The Setup should fail saying "The email address or password is incorrect, or we need more details to set up this email. Retype the information or provide additional settings."
 - Click on "provide additional settings"
 - Select the "Microsoft® Exchange (using Microsoft ® Outlook® Web Access)" Radio
 - Enter the correct password
 - Click "Show Password" to ensure you have typed it correctly
 - Enter the Outlook Web Access Address eg. https://mailserver.fakedyndns.biz/owa
 - Enter the Username in the form: DOMAIN\User
 - Enter the mailbox name as the domain username without domain eg. name.surname
 - Click "Next" and Finish

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has worked perfectly for me every time. If you are having problems still, it is most likely not related to the BIS.

If you are having issues following my instructions, reread them because I've used these to have useless people set it up so a tech should be able to. Otherwise, private message me.

Cheers

Tyrone

Please use plain text.