Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tomwe
My Device: bold 9650
Accepted Solution

E-Mail Setup Not Working...

On my Blackberry Bold 9650 - I am unable to get to the menu to setup my e-mail. I choose the Setup App. When I choose the Email Accounts icon nothing happens! If I try to exit this App, the phone freezes & I am unable to access it & have to shut down the phone. I always have to back out of this APP. I took it to a Verizon Wireless technician & they say they are unable to determine the problem. Suggestions?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: E-Mail Setup Not Working...

try this:

From the device, go to mobile.blackberry.com
Scroll to Communicate and click on Email.
Click on Integrate now for the email service you want to add and see if that works.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If that doesn't work, it sounds a bit like there is a software glitch on the phone (the frozen phone is my concern with this). If that's the case, one thing you can do is to reload the device software. But before you do that, make sure you have BlackBerry data access. Can you use things like BBM? If the answer to that is yes, then proceed with the steps in the following link.

If you'd like to try that step, you can follow the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

This will ensure that everything is fresh on your device and will ensure that everything, including the email setup application is reinstalled. You should then be able to access the email setup application.

Keep us posted! :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
kaelycharge
My Device: bold 9780

WORKED BRILLIANT ON MINE thank yooooou!!!!!! 

New Contributor
caja

i have the same problem with my bold 9650 since i switched from carrier. i went to mobile.blackberry.com but i dont see the option to select communicate. the only thing close that i see is community. can you send me the link you are referring to? thanks!
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

You can also try blackberry.com/integrate from the blackberry

My Device: Curve

caja wrote :

i have the same problem with my bold 9650 since i switched from carrier. i went to mobile.blackberry.com but i dont see the option to select communicate. the only thing close that i see is community. can you send me the link you are referring to? 

Hi caja,

Welcome to the Community,

Well that has helped many user don't know why you are unable to see communicate,from your device browser Go to www.blackberry.com/integrate and see if that allows you.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
caja

Thanx for the link!
michellebb1
My Device: Blackberry bold and curve

I tried it and its telling me to register and try again...I did that register thing and its still not working
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

michellebb1 wrote:
I tried it and its telling me to register and try again...I did that register thing and its still not working

Hello michellebb1

Welcome to Support Forums

To use those email sevices on our device we need BlaclBerry Data Plan / BIS on our account , do you have that ?