Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: o2 Germany (Telefonica)

E-mail account creation

Hello,

I have serious problems in recreating e-mail-accounts after wiping my BB an uprade os5 > os6.

Before I can start create an account I'm asked for username/passwort. I assume this would be in my case "name"@02.blackberry.com and my password. Is this right?

If yes, I dont have this data anymore for I created it years ago and lost it. Of course, I can have the password being send sent to my BB-device. But this gets me nowhere because I cant see it on the device for there is no account created so far...

On the other hand I cannot create a newaccount (with Pin and IMEi) because it's already registert.

Maybe that can be reseted so I can register anew?

I asked my provider (o2 germany) what to do and they say its up to BB to change that, and that they can do nothing,

For I live in Germany which has NO HOTLINE  AT ALL (and explains the poor english;-)) I now despratly waiting for some good advice here.

Thanks Martin

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: E-mail account creation

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Martin09 wrote:

I have serious problems in recreating e-mail-accounts after wiping my BB an uprade os5 > os6.

Before I can start create an account I'm asked for username/passwort. I assume this would be in my case "name"@02.blackberry.com and my password. Is this right? 

Depending on the exact prompt, this will be either your BB ID credentials or your BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) credentials. But, in either case, those credentials are 100% user created...only you can know what is correct to put there, because only you would have created them.

Both BB ID and BIS are systems hosted by the carriers and/or BlackBerry. They are used by the system to store various bits of information about your BB configuration, including the credentials for your email accounts (so that the system can check your email server without your involvement -- hence PUSH email, from the perspective of the BB).

So, again, no one can tell you what is "right" to put there...for those credentials are user created.

Martin09 wrote:

If yes, I dont have this data anymore for I created it years ago and lost it. Of course, I can have the password being send sent to my BB-device. But this gets me nowhere because I cant see it on the device for there is no account created so far.. 

In all cases, password reset emails are intentionally not delivered to the BB at all; this is for security reasons. Hence, the email account you associate with these accounts (both BIS and BB ID) should be an email account you can access from other than the BB itself.

Martin09 wrote:

On the other hand I cannot create a newaccount (with Pin and IMEi) because it's already registert.

Maybe that can be reseted so I can register anew? 

That may well be what is required...but the end user cannot do so. Then again, I still am not quite sure if this is your BB ID credentials or your BIS credentials...and your resolution path may be different depending on which it is. For example, if the problem is your BIS account, then it is your provider (O2) that actually manages that account; they can reset it for you. If the problem is your BB ID, then that may well require assistance from BlackBerry (depending on the details of your circumstances).

Martin09 wrote:

I asked my provider (o2 germany) what to do and they say its up to BB to change that, and that they can do nothing,

For I live in Germany which has NO HOTLINE  AT ALL (and explains the poor english;-)) I now despratly waiting for some good advice here. 

"HOTLINE" to who, exactly? If you are seeking a channel to seek assistance directly from BlackBerry, then the news is that there is no such "HOTLINE" anywhere; BlackBerry provides no front line support to end users. Rather, the carriers, authorized resellers, and service centers all hold front-line end user support responsibility, and all can escalate up to BlackBerry those cases that require it.

So, I am sad to inform you that whoever you spoke to at O2 actually fobbed you off...for even if the problem needs BlackBerry to resolve it, you have no path to make that request direct to BlackBerry. Only via escalation by O2 up to BlackBerry can you receive that level of support.

I suggest you first clarify exactly which credentials these are -- BIS or BB ID. Depending on which it is, your resolution path may well be different.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code