Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

-DM
New Contributor
-DM
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: MTS (RU)
Accepted Solution

E-mail account setting

Dear all, Im trying to set an account ***@gmail.com. My BB 9900 shows: "Activation request failed. A service connection is unavailable." At the same time a Im browsing any sites via the device. Please advise. Many thanks. -DM

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: E-mail account setting

Hello -DM

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your account from your Wireless Service Provider ? 

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
-DM
New Contributor
-DM

Hello, unfortunately I have no any BB Data Plan/BIS. My provider is MTS (RU), I called them, they said no any limits/special requirements exist from they party for BB users and, if Internet Access was available, then they can't help. Therefore the problem is either with the device or with the gmail tools. I've tried my to change my account settings: enabled IMAP + disabled POP and back. No success with the account adding to the device. Please let me have any ideas on resolving the problem? Many thanks. Kind regards, -DM
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello -DM

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status ?

In addition in order to use BlackBerry push email services on your device, we need BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS from our Carrier , So if you don't have that then call your carrier .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
-DM
New Contributor
-DM

Hello. Thanks so much for your prompt reply. The status is Not Connected. So Im calling my carrier, then return to you with their reply. Kind regards, -DM
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Sure ! let us know what they says .

Please use plain text.
-DM
New Contributor
-DM

So they said its an additional service like a Point of BB Access and its activating/providing costs 350 RUR/month.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello -DM

Throughout the world every Carrier have there own set of rule and pricing structure related to BlackBerry Service,I can't say much regarding those pricing but to access many BlackBerry Data Services we need BIS from our Carrier . 

Please use plain text.