Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

E-mail doesn't work after OS6 update and internet browser crashes

Two major issues occur after an upgrade to OS6.

1. Ever since the upgrade from OS5 to OS6, I've been getting memory issues when simply browsing the internet. U get the message "The memory available on your device is low. Please close some tabs." just reading the news.

2. This is urgent. I just updated my OS6 and now my e-mail doesn't even work. Whenever I try to set it up under e-mail accounts "internet mail account", it just freezes or closes.

I've looked at the possible go to "mobile.blackberry.com" and go to communications but I don't see that option available. I also tried battery pulling many times to restart my e-mail service.

This is coming close for me in drawing the line for BlackBerry phones.

Has anyone experienced these issues and have a solid solution?

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: E-mail doesn't work after OS6 update and internet browser crashes

When you upgrade to OS6 at bold 9700 or curve 9300, the blackberry browser doesnt work properly. Sometimes when you are trying to open a page the browser shuts down. The number of the applications you can download is limited when you upgrade to OS6. The ram of the device is not enough(256 MB ram). You can set up your e-mail using yourmobileoperator.blackberry.com address...