Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
braunt
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: SaskTel Mobility
Accepted Solution

Email No Longer Works After Transferring to New Phone

I switched on the weekend from a company phone to my own phone.  At the dealer, they used the BB desktop SW to move across all information from the previous phone to the new one.  Everything moved across well, except my Blackberry email address.  I have been able to set up a Gmail account no problem, everything works fine, but I can't get the Blackberry email address (___@mobility.blackberry.net) to work successfully.  It is a valid email address, as I was using up until a few days back.  I have tried adding the email address manually, but it claims that either the email address or the password are incorrect.  I tried requesting a new BB email address, but used the same one, and the response came back that I can't use that address as it is already taken (I know - it's mine).  I have a support call in and spent almost 2 hours trying different things with them, but so far no success.  I would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on how to solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Email No Longer Works After Transferring to New Phone

Hey braunt,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Can you send me a private message with your PIN number and the BlackBery® email address so I can investigate further?

Thanks.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
braunt
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: SaskTel Mobility

Re: Email No Longer Works After Transferring to New Phone

ViciousFerret,

Thanks for your response, but this has now been resolved.  I called Blackberry support again on Tuesday and was connected with a person that actually understood the problem.  Turns out there were two problems.  1.) that email address was still associated with the old phone; and 2.) when they provisioned the new phone they did so for two service providers - SaskTel, as it should have been, but also Bell, which should never have been there.  Once they removed the provisioning for Bell, it all worked fine.

Please use plain text.