Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
paulcjune
My Device: Bold 9900

Email Reconciliation - Deleting from handheld & mailbox

I currently have a blackberry bold 9900 and since upgrading to Microsoft Office 2013 (Windows 365) I have not been able to delete emails using my blackberry from my server as I have in the past. I have tried going through MESSSAGE OPTIONS and Email Reconciliation as well as resending service books with NO success. Basically everytime I turn on my computer, I am welcomed with hundreds of emails to sift through which I had received already during the course of the day. Any suggestions? Many thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Email Reconciliation - Deleting from handheld & mailbox

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer please:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • KB31310 BlackBerry Internet Service and Microsoft Office 365 services

It sounds like 365 is not compatible for device to server reconciliation of deleted items. Perhaps the account needs to be re-integrated, as OWA, so that this will again work? I cannot determine, from your post, what was done with your device/services when the upgrade to the messaging platform happened...quite often, when such occurs, removal from the device and re-integrating new can help it gain access to the levels of service that are to be expected.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulcjune

Thanks for feedback. My computer is running Windows 7, which I recently loaded Office 2013 and Windows 365. My outlook was configured as such:

My msn email is MSN Active Sync

My gmail is imap/SMTP

My business accounts are pop

My phone is through AT&T who also hosts my accounts via https://bis.na.blackberry.com/

Who do I turn to to solve this problem? AT&T? Microsoft Office or Windows? Or Blackberry? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulcjune

After re-reading your advice, are you suggesting I remove and reload my Outlook program? And/or wipe my phone and  re-install software?

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No no...there is zero direct reconciliation between your PC client and your BB for email. All of that flows through your email service, and is governed by the KB I linked earlier for you.

So, are you saying that you used to be able to delete from your BB, and it would delete from your server, and subsequently delete from your PC-based email client? And that the only thing that has changed is your PC-based email client? If so, then the email client is most likely where your issue is...

On the other hand, I interpreted (perhaps incorrectly) from your first post that you'd actually changed your email server (365 is also an email service). If so, then the issue could be related to your BB and BIS...sometimes, if the configuration on the device is not rebuilt when the server/service has changed, it can malfunction in the transition...and removing and re-configuring it on the device can sometimes help that situation.

But, I'm now not at all sure what exactly changed in your configuration between when it worked OK and when it stopped working. Your email service? Or just your PC-based email client? Both perhaps?

From the perspective of your BB, what you need to do is ensure that, when you delete on the device, it also deletes from the server -- and you must do this separate from your PC-based email client (e.g., using your email providers webmail interface). That will then tell you if that first step (between the BB and the email server) is still working or not...and, if it is working, then your issue is definitely not rooted in anything to do with your BB.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulcjune

Thanks for your patience on helping me figure out what is going on with my blackberry. 

In the past when running office 2010 with the same phone, when I selected "delete from mailbox and phone" for an email  it would not appear in my inbox when I would turn on my computer and launched Outlook. Since installing Outlook 2013, I have ran into this issue and have not been able to fix it. This would leave to believe the issue exists with AT&T their Blackberry Server OR possible the settings on my phone.

Does this make sense?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No...you are missing a step. Technically, as far as your BB is concerned, your email client (2010, 2013, it doesn't matter) is irrelevant. It's your email SERVER that matters, for that is as far as reconciliation goes for your BB. Beyond that (e.g., between the server and your Outlook client) it's out of the BB's control.

So you need to do what I said at the end of my above post...use something OTHER THAN your Outlook client (e.g., webmail) to look at your email SERVER...and see if the email you deleted with your BB is gone from the SERVER. If so, then the problem is not the BB, but rather your new Outlook client.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulcjune

Thank you! Been on phone with tech support for 2 hours. On level 3 support trying to figure it out :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulcjune

Sent 2 test messages to msn email and deleted on bb. Checked status via webmail and noticed email tests were not deleted leading me to believe issue is with blackberry server or phone set up. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK good...some solid information now...as long as you have waited long enough (I've seen these things take quite some time...up to 24 hours in certain circumstances), then you now know that it indeed is not working as expected as per all of the documentation provided.

But, rather than give you further advice from me, I will defer to whatever they told you when you contacted formal support...for they remain your formal support channel for this issue.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.