Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
DRod
My Device: Not Specified

Email Reconciliation Issues (it's not)

I've already discussed my issue with someone from RIM with no avail -- at first, the emails read or deleted in my Hotmail Inbox would not reflect that change in my Bold as they do/did with my Pearl or 8830. I was told that whatever FW or app software used in the Bold "broke" this function.

Now...about 2 days later...reconciliation doesn't work both ways. If I delete a message using my device, it remains in my Hotmail Inbox whereas before it would disappear.

The solution in this thread doesn't apply. Actually, permissions are set (and have been set) to "on" in the Wireless Reconcile field.

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Email Reconciliation Issues (it's not)

it should work as per this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13509&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

-try deleting and re-adding your hotmail account on BIS and then make sure 'wireless reconcile' is set to 'ON' and Delete on is set to 'Prompt' or 'mailbox and handhed' for your hotmail account.

Messages icon-Options-Email Reconciliation-Message services should be set your Hotmail account 

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor
DRod

I actually did this per the RIM rep. This was his first suggestion when I called. That's when he told me about the hole in the new setup. Thanks for the suggestion though.

New Contributor
DRod

Bump for email sake. :mansad:
New Contributor
DRod

TTT.
New Contributor
DRod

UPDATE: Now the guys over at RIM are telling me Hotmail was never supported by BlackBerry. Uh. I've been checking my Hotmail (with every reconciliation capability) with the last 4 BlackBerrys...no issues...until I got the Bold. He knew nothing about a "break" in firmware or software that would have created the issue.

We just tried resetting the account once again just to be sure. Still doesn't work properly (changes in Hotmail Inbox aren't reflected on the device).