Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Email Setup wont take my BBID user name & password

Hi Guys,

My BB Bold died and Bell wont give me an upgrade so I borrowed this 9700  (Rogers) and I managed to get everything restored from my back up but I cant get my email set up.

It wants my BBID and password but it wont take anything I put in! I know my BBID because I had to get it to install the BB App world.

Error message is "Blank user name. Type a valid user name" - well its the correct user name trust me. And it isnt blank!

Please help me

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email Setup wont take my BBID user name & password

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I have a guess...but it's not going to be pleasant at the stage you are at. Did you do a proper WIPE before starting to configure the 9700 this time? If not, then I'd recommend you do so...and yes, that means starting over with everything you've already done. But, to best test it, be sure to assign the BB ID as the very first thing that you do with it, before you do any restores or anything else.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.