Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Taiterson
My Device: Bold 9700

Email Stopped Working

Hello,

I have a BB Bold 9700 and have been using it on the Wind Mobile Network in Vancouver, BC.  After several years with no problems, one of my POP/IMAP email addresses stopped sending/receiving.  To remedy the problem, I tried deleting and reinitializing the email on the handset, but now get the message "Invalid email address and password. Verify your email address and password.  If the error persists please contact yourdomain.com" It now looks like I cannot simply add "other" email addresses.  Strangely, I can access/add gmail or hotmail addresses and they still work flawlessly.  I know that I can do a work around by routing emails through gmail, but I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.  I have tried many fixes remedies including:

1) Battery Pull

2) Asking my domain host and carrier for advice

3) Changing my email passwords (variations of upper/lowercase, alphanumerics)

4) Putting addtional information where prompted i.e.: "email server: mail.yourdomain.com" and "user name: email@yourdomain.com"

5) Install accounts through the internet.

For those who have come to this post this link may be useful:http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB10453&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Unfortunately, none of these things worked for me.  I even downgraded to the earlier version of OS6 - still no luck.  It just seems like I can't add "other" email addresses.  To prove this point, I tried getting a free email at inbox.com, that also didn't get integrated. 

One fix I saw mentioned that they had their web host change the domain IP address - no avail.

Anybody out there have any suggestions?  It's been over 24hours and I'm starting to obsess!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email Stopped Working

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Often, if the on-device email configuration wizard fails, you can succeed via one of these means:

• From your BB Browser, www.blackberry.com/integrate
  • From your PC/Browser, your carriers BIS website if they have one -- you may have to ask them if they do
  • Your carrier agent can configure it for you as well, with the downside being that you must reveal to the agent your email credentials

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nadeauc
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Seems to be common, did you have any luck??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Taiterson

Thanks for your help.  I tried gettting my carrier's (Wind Mobile) customer support people to answer a few more of my questions, but they weren't willing, telling me to wait for their tech guys to call me back. More than 48 hours later I got a call back from a tech person.  They asked a few questions before directing me to a service centre.  When I asked if it was a common problem, I got an affirmative "mmm-hmmmm".  Fingers crossed! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Taiterson

Good news! One week after the original problems, I finally found a solution.  I went into the service center to have them determine that it wasn't a problem with the phone itself.   The guy their took a look at my account and said something about not seeing Blackberry Internet Service listed, so then called tech support.  He told them the specific email address I was trying to set up.  There wasn't anything they claimed to be able to do on the spot, but they'd call me back in 24-48 hours. Another run  around, it seemed.

About half an hour leaving the service center, I got an email from network@etp1108.etp.na.blackberry.net to the non-functioning account forwarded to my gmail.  Since these misadventures began,  I had been getting all emails forwarded to my Gmail, which did work on the phone.   The email read as follows:

" This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server" The message was followed by a bunch of alpha numeric code.   Then, presto, I could add my email account back on the phone!

In summary, the quick fix is

1) Call your carrier and tell them that you can't add email(s) to your phone (or you've stopped being able to send/receive from a certain account).  Tell them a specific email address that won't work.

2) Ask the carrier to reset your blackberry internet service.

I hope this helps others experiencing a similar predicament!

Please use plain text.