Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Email Text and BBM Lagging

A while back I found my phone was lagging sending/receiving anything that needed the BIS server to work. At times it would take 5-10 minutes to send or receive anything. Then, magically one day it started working again.

Now the last few days it's back again. I send a bbm message, it sticks on the transmitting icon and takes 3-5 minutes to show a check mark and "D". But, half the time once it shows that, the person has already read my message and replied. With email it will show the transmitting icon for 5 minutes.

I can fix it sometimes by turning it off and on (soft off) but it's so annoying to do that and it doesn't always work.

What could possibly be blocking my send/receive? Perhaps something in my building?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Email Text and BBM Lagging

ba8y6irl wrote:

I can fix it sometimes by turning it off and on (soft off) but it's so annoying to do that and it doesn't always work.

Hi ba8y6irl

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Turning your device OFF and ON is not enough , but restart it like this While your device is Powered ON remove the battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back , rebooting in this way fixes most glitches within our device.

If issue continue try those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Try those steps and see if that helps .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you! I hope it works... I will have to see...

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi ba8y6irl

Please try it ,I hope it will help and also whenever you feel your device is lagging do a battery pull restart as I mentioned .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Unfortunately that solution didn't work... thanks for the option though!

I think I have found the issue, I just don't know the solution. It is some sort of conflict between my BIS and my Wifi connection. It only ever happens when I'm at work or home, moreso at home. When I turn my wifi off, everything is a-ok, but when my wifi is turned on and it's connected, there is some sort of battle between the two.

I try and use the browser and I get unable to contact server, my bbm messages don't send, my emails sit and wait, but then 5 minutes goes by and it's like a switch is flipped and everything goes through at once! Then the cycle repeats itself.

Has anyone heard of this before?