Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
boundah
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: EE
Accepted Solution

Email account validation problems

I've been using my BB Bold 9780 for the last 2 years and it has happily been sending and receiving emails for 2 accounts (my work one and my personal one, outlook.com). 

3 days ago the phone suddenly stopped accessing my outlook.com mailbox and threw up a message 'email messages are not being delivered to your device... to resume services validate your password'. I went into Setup, entered my password, and just got the error message 'your device encountered a problem with this application's server'. I repeated this several times and got the same message. I have been to my outlook.com account via my PC and tried enabling and disabling POP - no joy either way. My work account still works fine.

I've also tried deleting the outlook.com account so I can reset it, but just get the message 'delete failed'. So I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email account validation problems

[ Edited ]

Many issues related to setting up an email account on your phone or validating an email account password can be resolved by typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser and proceeding from there. You might also wish to contact your carrier, EE, and ask about getting access to their self-serve BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) site. From there, you can validate accounts as well as add new ones and delete ones you don't wish to use. This is useful if ever you can't access them from your phone to perform these functions. EE's self-serve BIS site is http://ee.blackberry.com .

Give it a shot and report back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boundah
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: EE

Brilliant, thanks for a really quick response and a clear explanation. The /integrate solution worked, I had to delete the account and re-enter it via the browser but that's just fine.

Now I can keep my trusty old Bold and don't have fork out for a new iPhone! :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If I've stopped even one person from getting a competitor's phone, then my work here has been worthwhile.

I'm glad things are working for you again. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bleakberry
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having problems with Yahoo mail.  Today I tried to log into the Yahoo Chat app, which I rarely use.  Even though I was using the same credentials as my Yahoo Mail account it kept rejecting it.  As a test I tried changing my Yahoo password.  This didn't help..I still couldn't log in to chat.  Worse yet, I can no longer access Yahoo Mail on my phone.  It wants me to validate the changed password, but when I do (and I'm definately giving it the new one) it says "invalid" every time.  I tried using that link (www.blackberry.com/integrate) and it brings up a button to set up email.  However, clicking on it only returns "unknown error".  The only good part of this story is that after about 30 minutes I was able to finally log into Yahoo Chat with the new password, but I'd much rather have working email again :/

Please use plain text.