Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

Email & Browser

Hello everyone,

I'm new to RIM devices and would like to kill my Nokia E61i and buy an BB Bold instead of it. But I have a maybe small problem: I use a service provider which don't support push-email service. Most of the time I use my mobile to write emails from Germany and other European countries.

As far as I read some tests and product sheets the bold 9000 is a fast and web oriented mobile device.

Anyway... my questions are:

1. Can you use IMAP instead of Push-Email with the Blackberry Bold?

2. Is the BB able to perform "intelligent" WiFi/UMTS/GSM switches or do I have to preselect something of this?

3. Some testers say that the Bold 9000 needs a lot of time to open large internet sites (even with HDSAP or UMTS) - Is it true?

Sorry if some of the questions have been answered in other threads. I tried to search but didn't receive the necessary results.

Thank you for answering.

Regards,

Daniel

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Email & Browser

Hi Daniel and Welcome to the blackberry Forums

1. Can you use IMAP instead of Push-Email with the Blackberry Bold?  

Yes

2. Is the BB able to perform "intelligent" WiFi/UMTS/GSM switches or do I have to preselect something of this?

Yes, for example, if you set the wifi for your home and you have the wifi turn on and you leave the home, when you are back, the wifi connect automatically.

3. Some testers say that the Bold 9000 needs a lot of time to open large internet sites (even with HDSAP or UMTS) - Is it true?

Not, but depends what strong is the signal when you are downloading something. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.