Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
mathill
My Device: Not Specified

Email deleted from handheld does not delete from Outlook account

Got my new Bold yesterday.  Love it, except one P.I.T.A "feature".  I receive email from my corporate account and personal gmail account just fine.  I do hate however, how they both dump into one messages folder.  Oh well.

My big issue is that when I delete something from the handheld, it does not delete from my Outlook inbox.  Also, when I delete from my desktop Outlook, it does not delete from the handheld.  However, I can send and receive email messages just fine.

Here are my settings:

Delete on: Mailbox and handheld

Wireless reconcile: on

On conflicts: Mailbox wins

I am running Outlook 2007 and we have Blackberry Enterprise Server, though I am not sure what version.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Email deleted from handheld does not delete from Outlook account

One stupid question, when you go to messages and click options, go to email reconciliation, under message services are you seeing the mail which your IT guys uses to configure your account on the server?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
javelin2008

Deleting from BB device doesn't delete email on Outlook account even if setting is "delete on handheld and server"

- please make sure that the Outlook account redirection is pointing to your server copy mailbox and not a personal folder or PST file. You can verify this setup with your mail admin or any IT staff equivalent if you're not sure about what setup you have on Outlook.

Reason being is that if Outlook is setup to work with a local pst instead of the server mailbox, the BES server cannot push the delete command from device to the Outlook account anymore. It can only push synch commands to a server mailbox copy.  

(Please also note that when you delete an email on BB, on Outlook the emails are just moved to the "Deleted items" folder and stays on the server mailbox unless you cleanup the deleted items folder)

Deleting mails on Outlook, mails are not deleted on BB device

- when an email is pushed to the device, and that particular email is deleted on Outlook, it really doesn't send a delete command to the BB device. we'll have to live with that. You can either manually delete on the device or use Desktop Manager and run the reconcile messages via the Synchronize function.

I hope this helps in some way. Tell me if does. Cheers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Loendar

One of my users is having the exact same issue with her new Bold.  I'm very familiar with Blackberry from way back and have not had this issue previously but it is definitely happening here.

She has both a Gmail account and Outlook account (via Desktop Redirect) sending to the Bold.  The options from Reconciliation are set up to delete from both Desktop and Handheld.  There is no option for Wireless Reconciliation

listed for the Desktop profile but there is under her Gmail one - which makes me wonder if that is the problem.

Please use plain text.
dany_s
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Please use plain text.