Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BHasty
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Email inbox

I have owned this BB Bold 9930 for about a year and a half. Recently there have been major delays in receiving emails to my phone and my sent emails are showing up in my phone's inbox.

Any ideas?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Email inbox

Whenever there's an issue (or two) with emails, it's always best to start with resending the service books to your phone.  To do this, from your homescreen follow Setup>Email Accounts>(Menu Key)>Service Books>Send Service Books.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
BHasty
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Thank you very much. So far so good, I'll see how it goes. I resolved the sent items issue by checking the "Hide sent items box".

loriannhar
My Device: 9650

I have had this issue going on longer than 1 year. My emails are delayed by months on end. Sometimes, they are, they were not received on neither phone nor computer, other times, just not on the phone. The mobile carrier said everything was fine with the Blackberry service, but guided me through a few processes, including the one mentioned above. No difference, as it started happening again. Mobile carrier said to contact the email service provider, so I moved on to hotmail.

Hotmail took quite a bit of information, and tried various things, including resetting my account. They tried for a few months, then said the issue could not be on their side. I thought the issue resolved itself, and now, I am back to receiving emails on my phone, almost 1 year later after initially recognising the issue and trying to resolve it. Trouble is, I do not know I am not receiving the emails on the phone, until it comes up again months later, or if I happen to check my email from the computer, which defeats the purpose of having a smartphone if I have to keep depending on that.

I am quite disappointed and frustrated at having this issue.