Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Bdub1
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Email issues

1)  I have an unreal email icon on my bold that I cannot get rid of.  There are no emails, yet the icon is still there.  2)  I have 2 of the same gmail accounts set up on the phone and cannot delete one of them.  Any solutions to these minor annoyances.  Many thanks

Techno-Moron
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email issues

Hello,

Bdub1 wrote:

1)  I have an unreal email icon on my bold that I cannot get rid of.  There are no emails, yet the icon is still there.

Try this:

• Homescreen > Messages > blackberry_logo.jpg > Search

Set as follows (may vary depending on your device OS level):

• Search Type: Local
  • Name In: Any Address Field
  • Subject Message: <leave blank>
  • Include Encrypted Messages: Yes
  • Service: All Services
  • Folder: All Folders
  • Show: Unopened Only
  • Type: All

That should return to you all unopened messages from all message conduits.

Bdub1 wrote:

2)  I have 2 of the same gmail accounts set up on the phone and cannot delete one of them.

Can you tell us exactly what you attempt and exactly what happens? You can refer to this:

That will help you navigate to the email configuration screens, on which you can remove any integrated BIS account.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bdub1
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks, the fix for the email icon and hidden messages worked perfectly!

however, setting up an email is no problem.  I want to remove a duplicate email account on GMail.  When I go to Downloads>Gmail>Accounts, I have my 3 emails listed, with one of them being listed twice.  Doesn't really impact anything, just thought if there was an easy method to delete an email account.  Just couldn't do it through normal non-techie thinking.

Really appreciate your help and this forum!

Techno-Moron
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bdub1 wrote:

Thanks, the fix for the email icon and hidden messages worked perfectly!

Excellent. You are most welcome!

Bdub1 wrote:

however, setting up an email is no problem.  I want to remove a duplicate email account on GMail.  When I go to Downloads>Gmail>Accounts, I have my 3 emails listed, with one of them being listed twice.  Doesn't really impact anything, just thought if there was an easy method to delete an email account.

Hmmm...you must be using the GMail plugin rather than straight-BIS. As such, I've no idea. But, you might have some luck with that link I provided. While it's written for how to set up an email account, it further provides you access into your BIS configuration...from where you can manage (remove, change, etc.) your configured email accounts as well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.