Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
skiam
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

Email setup not working

Recently I had to change my gmail password and now I am not able to receive email on my device. I am using the bold 9700 and upgraded to OS 6. When I go into setup manager and I click on email nothing happens. Is there any way I can either delete the old inbox that was on my phone and resetup a new email box, or change my password on the device so that I can get my email working again. 

Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SoYK
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Re: Email setup not working

[ Edited ]

After I lost my previous BB (9700, OS6), I bought the BB 9900 (OS7) and got a new SIM card from the same carrier (Bouygues Telecom). Everything works (facebook, other applications, phone, text messages, MMS), EXCEPT the email accounts setup. I cannot set up my email accounts. An error message pops up saying "your device encountered a problem with this application's server".

I did all of these: registering in the Host Routing table, sending service book from my Blackberry Internet Service account, rebooting, and also many many calls with my carrier to try several things.

None of them worked.

Also, in my Blackberry Internet Service account, when I click the "Detect new device", there's an error message saying "Unable to detect new device. It may take fefw minutes for a new device to be detected. Make sure your SIM card is in your device and try again [...]".

Also, fyi, when I lost my previous BB, I called my carrier so that they block my previous SIM card, and I also made a police declaration so that the device is secured using the IMEI number. But since then, my carrier is aware that I got a new SIM card and a new device.

PLEASE, help me~~~~~ So frustrating not to be able to use emails while having a brandnew SMARTphone (-___-) :'( 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skiam
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I found my own answer. Since it wasn't working from my setup I was able to do it using the website www.blackberry.com/integrate. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SoYK
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Your link leads to a page saying "404 - Page not found".

But, today, I managed to fix the problem by finally getting in touch with a good technician at my carrier. She "manually" (from her computer) linked my BIS account to my new device (while I couldn't do it by clicking on "detect new device" on that very BIS account).

She told me that the problem is **probably** coming from the Email accounts setup software that has to be updated so that it works with my device (with all its particularities: OS7, carrier, etc etc).

Thanks anyway! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
swati0511
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

I have purchased new blackberry curve 8520 but unable to use the email setup option. I am badly stuck. I donot possess any other option except " I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server". I want to use my gmail & yahoo email account. Please advise ASAP.

Please use plain text.
tbalas1
My Device: tourch 9800
My Carrier: 5708564076

This worked great for me!

Please use plain text.
masechaba89
My Device: curve 9300 3g
My Carrier: vodacom

pls tell me how she fixed it because im losing my mind
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
melandi777
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: 8TA

I need help on my Blackberry 9300 - In the setup menu screen I can't access the personal email option and access my emails via Blackberry, it only allows me to setup a BES email account. Any solution? Thanks*
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
melandi777
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: 8TA

I have the sollution, booooya!!

Download and install a new BlackBerry Internet Service Email Accounts/Set-up Application by navigating to the following URL using the web browser on the BlackBerry smartphone: http://<brand>.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/

Note: In the above URL, the E and the C in EmailClient are case sensitive.

Note: <brand> corresponds to the carrier BlackBerry Internet Service brand name. e.g. (Verizon = vzw, ATT = mycingular, Rogers = rogers, T-Mobile = t-mobile). The BlackBerry smartphone user may need to contact their mobile carrier technical support to obtain the value to substitute for <brand> in the URL as it is different for each carrier.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
marcelo_fern
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Movistar Peru

Thanks, this works!
Please use plain text.