Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
beachykeen81
My Device: bold 9780

Email setup problems for bold 9780

Hi there

I am having trouble setting up my email accounts after wiping, updating and restoring my bb bold 9780.  I go to setup but when I click on "email account" nothing happens.  Sometimes when I try clicking on it is does go through to the next screen where the options are 'internet mail account' or 'enterprise account' and when I click on 'internet mail account' it goes back to the setup screen. The other options (bbm, social networking, bluetooth wifi) all work fine, but the email one is not working.  I have done the battery pull and registered my phone with blackberry but i still can't set up my email.  I originally had to restore my bb because i was getting a "java.lang.illegalstate" error when trying to use the browser but before that I had 3 email accounts setup on my phone.  Any help you be fantastic since I use my phone for work and really need to be able to recieve emails.  Thanks. 

Contributor
rasikac
My Device: BB8520

Re: Email setup problems for bold 9780

[ Edited ]

try send pin message /then you can verify your blackberry service

New Contributor
beachykeen81
My Device: bold 9780

like, try sending a message through bbm?  I lost all my bbm contacts so i will try that tomorrow when i can add someone!

Contributor
rasikac
My Device: BB8520

Or you can send pin msg to you,go to msg box.compose pin msg,in body type mypin and press space bar ,u can see your phone pin no,then type your pin no in To field and send