Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
macey
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

Emails and Text auto delete

hey can anyone help?

my emails and text messages are deleting themselves and my phone is only keeping emails/texts recieved in the last week.

i have been in to the options and set the validity as maximum etc.

is there anything else i can do to make sure thy dont delete themselves?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Emails and Text auto delete

Please go to Options >go to Storage (type Storage in the search bar). What is the amount of free Application Memory on the device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
macey

hey

the application storage shows 78.3MB free space

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

OK. When was the last time you remove the battery?

Where I'm headed here is that when the application memory runs low (below about 20MB) you will lose data as the device tries to free up memory to continue running. Many devices will start with plenty of free memory after a battery pull but will run down over a period of time (can be days, or sometimes hours actually.) You need to reboot often enough to keep the free memory up above about 20MB.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
macey

thats strange because i reboot daily, my battery usually runs out after 8pm so i swap it with my spare battery.

do you think it could be anything else?

thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Doubtful. 99% of the time it is a memory issue. It's possible that your device runs out within the day. What is the memory available after a battery pull?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
macey

78.3mb

that was after a battery pull out

ive had my device replaced as well after the same issue last year which is why i thought it would be a settings issue

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It is an issue that has been around for ages with BlackBerry. Some of the 9900's and the 9810's leak memory quickly. It's extremely difficult to track down and the only thing you can do is to monitor the free memory.

Watch it for a day or two and see how quickly it's running down.
Please use plain text.