Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Emergency Call Speed Dial while Locked is ridiculous, poor design. Please Fix!

Totally agree.  I live in the UK where it is not law, but it is against the law to make nuisance calls to the emergency services.  I got a phone call from the Police one sunday after calling the Emergency services 9 times in one day. 

I used to lock the phone with the button on the top left of my 9300, but it is very easy to unlock, and my wife got fed up with me calling the house at 5am.  After putting a password lock on the phone, I then started making emergency calls.  Even muting the phone doesn't work as it is easily disabled. 

RIM...put it right.  It is a simple downloadable fix.

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Starhub

Re: Emergency Call Speed Dial while Locked is ridiculous, poor design. Please Fix!

Try Emergency Call Lock in Blackberry Appworld

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/5012

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Doesn't work. I can't install 3rd party apps because of corporate IT policy. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

RIM, are you going to fix this?

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: telus

I am a police officer ,,,, I have a bold 9700.. Twice this week, while in my pocket and my bag my bold dialed 911 ... This is a ridiculous feature that is a huge waste of police resources.  Everytime 911 is dialed we MUST respond .... Even as a police officer, I had 2 cruisers show up at my home ..There has to be a way to disable this ridiculous waste of resources .... I am surprised that Blackberry has not been held financially liable of this ridiculous feature ...... Please this feature has to be able to be DISABLED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!