Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
GtOkAi
My Carrier: Claro
Accepted Solution

Encryption locked

I'm trying to install the BlackBerry Protect, however need to disable encryption, but it is locked.
I read that is related to BIS / BES.
My carrier (Claro-Brazil), lets have BIS and BES, I remember seeing the option to activate the Enterprise or not, but I don't remember where. Can anyone help me? I need to disable this BES and/or disable encryption.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Encryption locked

Do you have corporate email access in your device? Then you need to contcat your company's BES admin. But note that if your have BES service then BB Protect will not work. This a must requirement for BB protect to work.

Or if you're using a previously used BB and previous users IT policy is enabled then let us know.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GtOkAi

No! is a personal device, I want to disable this BES, because I know that my carrier, lets have BES and BIS at the same time.

Maybe, the old device user wore ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GtOkAi

No one? I need help. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

GtOkAi wrote:

No! is a personal device, I want to disable this BES, because I know that my carrier, lets have BES and BIS at the same time.

Maybe, the old device user wore ...

Hi GtOkAi

Are you on BES or having BIS  on your accoount, If you have BIS on your account then first do a backup of your device then follow these Knowledge Base :

KB14202 : How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry Device

Or

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GtOkAi

Any... I just use my 3g, I need do this instruction nevertheless?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

GtOkAi wrote:

Any... I just use my 3g, I need do this instruction nevertheless?

Hi GtOkAi

If that's a used Device and if you are unable to disable Encryption then you can try those steps , it will remove any previous IT policy on that device .

But you have not answered if you are on BES or having BIS / BlackBerry Internet Services on your account. You cannot perform those steps if you are on BES.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.