Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Kuu
Kuu
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Enterprise Server • My cousin gave me her BlackBerry Bold I can't activate the E-Mail server...

Hello,
I am new around here and my cousin gave me her BlackBerry Bold. I bought it pretty cheap and I figured out about the Enterprise Server, I needed to activate it but not sure how. I guess you have to have a Activation E-Mail and I'm not sure how. And I click on "No" it goes to "Contact your super administrator to find out whether a enterprise password will be supported" - something like that. How do I get the enterprise password? I am really new at this, and it says it hasn't been activated. I hope some one can help, thanks!

- Kuu
Contributor
tygarbyte
My Device: 8100,8300,9000,9700

Re: Enterprise Server • My cousin gave me her BlackBerry Bold I can't activate the E-Mail server...

Do you work for a company that has a Blackberry Enterprise Server ?
Do you have a BES plan on your number ?

If you answered yes to both, then contact your BES admin to add your account to the BES server and then they can send a activation to your Blackberry.

Otherwise, if you dont have a BES server or a BES plan on your number - you will have to use BIS ( Blackberry Individual Solution ) that will have to set up from your mobile service providers Blackberry portal page.

If your blackberry still have your cousins email, contacts etc it is more then likely that the device hasnt been wipe before you got it - therefor it may still have the Default BES policy on the device that may restrict its functions.