Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
msblaster
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

Error 13000 when purchasing apps! Grr!!

I'm a new Blackberry owner (BB Bold 9780) and I can download free apps no problem, but when I try to purchase one, it gives me this message "There was a problem connecting to the payment system. Your transaction has not been processed. Please try again later (error Id: 13000)"

What does this mean?? I'm using my credit card as a payment method, and I've re-entered the numbers to make sure it was all correct. However, when I go into my payment options and check my info... all the credit card info I had put in and saved, is no longer there. I entered it all again, it said it was saved, but when I check again... it's gone.

I'm in the process of setting up a paypal account, but I didn't really want to have to do that.

This is SO frustrating to have to go through all this **bleep** to buy a 99 cent app... I should have bought an Iphone.... grr.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Error 13000 when purchasing apps! Grr!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5. Return to AppWorld. Log into MyWorld (if applicable) and try again.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
msblaster

I appreciate you getting back to me so soon. I did what you asked, and there has been no change. It still gives me the same response as above and the same 13000 error! :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I'm not finding anything for that particular error code. Have you tried, from a PC/browser, logging into your AppWorld/BBID account and checking the payment options from there?

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
msblaster

Thank you so much, I went to App World online and checked out my payment method there. I re-entered all my information, waited a few minutes, then tried to purchase an app from my BB and it worked!!

Thanks again for being so prompt with your responses, I really appreciate it! :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
KINGA947
My Device: Not Specified

Hi everyone , I reset my phone , credit card number and grhhhhhh nothing is working. Each time I want to download app ( buy it ) I get the same info: error I'd number 13000. I was trying different app thinking that maybe that error was connected to that 1 app I want it to buy... Nope... Same error on another app as well ... I have no idea what to do... If anyone can help me - please help :smileyhappy:.
lukemclennan
My Device: playbook

im havingthe same problem! the only thing i can think is that im in the uk and the prices for apps come up in usd? so maybe my location is set wrong or something! i really want apps on my playbook... please can someone offer any help? 

MrMalone
My Device: Playbook

I tried doing this and all I can change is my user name or change my real name. There is no option to change add or update anything related to credit card information for me.. I have tried logging in with Chrome and IE browsers. My issue is not resolved. I can not even find anything that explains what Error ID: 13000 is. Still need help!
New Contributor
kevinkhu5
My Device: BB9900 and 16GB Playbook

I have this problem too! I tried downloading from my playbook and my phone and neither work! I also get the credit card authorization failed for some reason - I know its not my card

It would be nice if RIM could make it easier to search for solutions to these problems - I can't seem to find any resources to use!