Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tonyfer
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

Error 205 - reload software

[ Edited ]

Last week my phone had a pop-up saying "Error 205: reload software. For more information please visit www.blackberry.com/205" then has a button saying "reset". When i reset the phone i can see my home screen for 2 seconds and then the pop-up appears again.

The only option i have to update software is to use the desktop software seeing that i can't navigate past the pop-up screen on the phone. After navigating through the desktop software the only option seems to be to update to factory default therefore losing all the files on the phone. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there any way to update my phone without losing all my data

2) the phone was backed up on a different laptop a couple of weeks ago as there was a problem with the internal memory. It started working after a while but pictures could be seen for a couple of seconds then faded away into an infected file view (the green streaks you see). Anyhow, since the phone started accesing media files again the restored files were deleted as well as from the trash can. Is there any way to access them even though they're permanently deleted?

3) is my only option to restore to factory default?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Error 205 - reload software

Hi tonyfer,

The issue is that the update did not succeed (that "fatal error" was the first clue) -- so there is nothing to fall back to as there is no valid OS on the device. What you need to do is attempt a reload of the device OS...see this KB:

• KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Good luck and let us know!

VIA | Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Storm/App-Error-205/m-p/366793#M43100

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tonyfer
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

[ Edited ]

Hi josuefunes,

I attempted to reload the device software which meant i had to download an update for the desktop software to go ahead. That was done, now the device name (bold 9900) doesn't even appear in the top left hand side of the software. It seems that it's not able to detect the phone now. Do you have any advice about what to do from here?

Thanks so much for your help so far!

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

If your phone is not being recognized by BlackBerry Desktop Software, have a look at this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

VIA | Elite I

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/torch-9860-stuck-and-usb-not-detected/m-p/21...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.